Seen_89

Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
Hello Everyone,
My name is Brendan and I am new on this forum site. My Dad was diagnosed with the bulbar ALS when I was 21 (I'm now 23). He recently passed away on March 15, 2012. I miss him dearly and he truly is my hero.

I joined this site because I feel like I belong here. I'm studying in college (5th year pharmacy student) and I am having a hard time relating to my classmates and making new friends. I know I will open up again at some point but it is still very hard loosing my father the way I did. Another reason I joined this site is because I want to try to help other people who are are dealing with ALS. So many people helped my family and I really want to pass on the information that helped my family. I can also really empathize with people dealing with ALS or other terminal-like illnesses.

If you have any questions just ask. I'm a pretty down to earth guy. I look forward to interacting with you guys in the future!

A warm welcome, i'm so sorry 4 your loss Brendan, and i compliment you 4 how you are dealing with it in such positive way! Take care and i look forward to your posts!i type 1 hand so it is short and sometimes full of spelling mistakes ;)

Hi Brendan. I"m so sorry you lost your dad. We have two daughters, 25 and almost 20. My husband, their father, passed away with ALS last August. It's nice to know you're here to help others. I hope you find lots of support for yourself too. It's tough! Yasmin.

Hello Brendan and welcome to the site. My mom was diagnosed in Oct 2010 and it has changed my life forever. We, of course with her being the major decider, have just moved her into a care home in the last few months. The decision wasnt an easy one but knew that she needs to be there where she can recieve proper care. A huge kudos to everyone who keeps their loved ones at home until the end. My mom is in a wheelchair that she uses her head to control, she has no movement left in her arms, and very little in a few fingers. She can slighly move her legs and can still breathe and eat on her own, tho certain textures are difficult for her. The forum has been a great place of comfort for me. In many ways too I have closed down, the emotional roller coaster makes it very hard to open up. I hope you find peace here, know you are never alone, there are many of us on this journey with you.

Sorry for your loss Brendan, it's hard to lose a parent at such a young age. I think you're going to make your Dad very proud of you...

Hi Brendan,
Sorry for your loss, it's a crappy disease.

I've got two kids (boy 16, girl 9)
It's what keeps me going through all this.

I'm just down the road in St. Catharines, welcome to the forum.

Cheers,
Casey

Hi and welcome. This is a great place to be for support and information. My replies are usually short as it's hard to type. You have been thru so much at a young age but you will get better. You have a loving heart.

Hi Brenden, Welcome to the family, so sorry about the loss of your dad. It is so nice that you want to help others with your knowledge. All help is welcome and needed as we travel this road. Others may beable to help you as you heal from the affects of this on you and your family. {Hug}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back