Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
GA
City
Riverdale
Well y ALS experience began last month (June 08). My mother was diagnosed with ALS. I have to admit that I was familiar with the disease but not nearly an expert. My family and I are learning.

My mothers spirits are so high that it is spreading to us as well. I see her in her current condition with some weakness in her legs and arms also breathing trouble. Everytime I see her I want to breakdown and cry but I can't. Her smile and strength in her eyes makes me guilty for feeling week. I know its silly but it's true. I'm a big man 6'5" 300lbs and this little woman has more strength in her than I can even imagine.

Well I'm here to learn, share and listen... So Hello!

Hey Coach!

Sorry about your MaMa!

You will find lots of info and support here. I know you are in shock now, but you will learn to deal with this one day at a time. You have to.

Is she being seen at Emory? They are a great resource and very caring.

I hope your Mom can maintain that attitude! Good vibes your way my friend!

Hey Coach. Welcome but sorry you had to come looking for us. Jump in with questions, comments or just vent if you need to. We understand.

AL.

Welcome Coach,

You've found a great place to ask questions, vent, get support, and learn so much about ALS at the same time. It's a great team!

Keep the faith,
brenda

Well she is being seen at Emory and Dr. Kahn and DR. Glass are beyond nice and helpful. It's still early on and we are taking things one day at a time. But I appreciate the welcome and I will be bugging you all with questions! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back