Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Danny. No, you're definitely not giving up. Whilst getting the PEG is a big step, it'll ease so much of the worry and hassle that you're experiencing now. Hopefully no more weight loss! Yasmin.

I so wish my hubby would get the peg, he is refusing all treatments...
Hope you share your experience of it... good luck :)

Welcome Danny!

Great to meet you, sorry you are here. This is a great group!

Jen

Danny,
Tag line's all yours! lol

I've suplemented my diet with a high calorie meal replacement to maintain weight. Well that, and beer helps.
As long as that is working, i'm avoiding the Peg.

Everyday is the new normal around here.

I explained to my kids along time ago, I'm lucky because I've been given the time to tell them, and everyone else how much I love them.

I think I've lived more in the past year than the first 40!

Cheers,
Casey

Hi Danny, welcome to this site I'm also fairly new and haven't had the opportunit to meet many friends. This is a very informative site. I was Dx with ALS 2011. I will remember you in my prayers.

Off to see my GP next week to start the peg process apparently I have to go and do a sleep thing where they monitor you while your asleep to determine if my lung capacity is good enough for the general anistetic. I might start a day by day entry documenting what's going on it may be helpful for others out there thinking about getting it done plus it will be a good way for me to express what I'm going through personally. Might be interesting to see how it differs to having it done in the US & UK.

Danny,
Just answered your other post.. Rog could not handle a general anesthetic so inter vention al ra diology used his BiPap to introduce a small amount of anesthesia and used a local at the site of the tube placement and inserted a g-tube that only handles formula and liquids. It has no balloon inside his stomach as they couldn't put him under enough to insert things down his throat. Good luck on your process, we'll be thinking of you and praying for your safe recovery!

Jen

Hello to all members, I am also a new member of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back