Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
AU
State
Queensland
City
Gold Coast
Hi everyone, just joined the forum, came across it when I was googling peg feeding tubes.
I was diagnosed 22nd August 2010 at age 46. What a big shock not only to myself but to my wife and three kids under 6 years old. I suppose you never know what the future holds for you. After almost two years I'm just now starting to lose muscle control in my arms and legs. Up til now I had only lost my ability to talk and had problems with my swallow. Unfortunately my ability to swallow has got worse and I'm starting to have problems maintaining weight so have deceided to have the feeding tube put in now while I'm still healthy enough. Friends used to ask me if I was going to get a peg and my reply was always the same, " that's giving up" I relised now that maybe it's not really giving up but just adjusting my attack against this terrible Diesase.
I'm looking forward to reading through the forums and sharing some stories with all of you. Not sure how many Aussie are members but now there's another one.

Cheers
Danny

Welcome to our club.

Thanks for the welcomes! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, as long as there's no jokes about our Olympic Gold Medal Count!

Welcome Danny -

There's a great bunch of mates for you here!

Hi Danny,
Welcome.
You're not alone out there. I'm 41, married, 2 kids.

I have found this forum to be an amazing source of knowledge and friendship.

Cheers,
Casey

Hi Danny,
Welcome.
You're not alone out there. I'm 41, married, 2 kids.

I have found this forum to be an amazing source of knowledge and friendship.

Cheers,
Casey
Hi Casey, thanks mate it is hard with little ones.
On a lighter note, love your by line about stuff just getting heavier, I might use that with your permission of course.
Cheers Danny

Welcome Danny

Welcome Danny! I have learned so much from this forum. Last night I told my husband "I used to want a little black lexus, now I dream of a cough assist, a compression vest and a bidet" We had a big laugh. I am 55. Hang in there. We are with you all the way.

Welcome to our forum family! It's amazing how we can change our priorities, and anything that helps us live a better life is a good tool. I have 3 kids who were 11, 13 and

sorry hit the wrong key, darn fingers don't want to work right!

the kids were that age when I was diagnosed... hard to decide when and how to tell them, keep it age appropriate.

Welcome aboard, Danny! Loads of info in our forum archives and a great group of people to offer advice and support

danny..the english press are giving it what for to your athletes...but me ..now as a former winging pom im not gonna join in now am i...... i remember geof boycott hitting his 100th , first class 100th against lillee and thompson.that will do me........oh and the rugby world cup...the ashes.......ps...that bit of stuff won the hurdles last night.she was brill.....fair dinkum......best to you johnny..

Welcome Danny! A Peg will make the quality of your life much more enjoyable. You're right, it's not giving up. It's attacking the disease! I'm glad you are still in the fight!

Ms. Pie. thank you for your last post. "I am glad you are still in the fight". That is for all of us. I needed that today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back