RexX

Country
UK
State
england
City
huddersfield
I think I might have ALS.

I'm 16 years old and have just recovered from bad sciatica. I still have it I think though because I still get some inner groin pain and lower back pain.

My life sucks I can't even run hardly or jump when i try to my nerve just kicks in and i get a shock and it really hurts.

But over the past few weeks/month i have been developing twitching and spasming all over my body im really scared i might have als and i dont want to die :( just recently my mum died of cancer and my brother had an operation to get rid of something inside his stomach what could of killed him :(

I'm really scared im typing my eyes are watering and im literally scared to death. I havent told my parents yet because they will have a go at me and say im worrying to much and i have recently been to the doctor about sciatica and some other problems.

I really don't know whats happening to my life right now its like i have all these illnesses and im scared to death

If you want me to explain more about the twitching and other things then please reply

A quick edit: I get tremors everywhere like when i move my arms and fingers back and legs they start to shake and twitch.

When i sit down i normally get a twitch on my shoulder and then on my back and then feet etc..

im scared to death right now

In your age it is unlikely. I think you should visit Nextination Design and try to relax.
With your mother and brother issues this can be stress triggered.
If things got worse go and see a neurologist.

Rex,

I'm so sorry for your loss of your Mum, and the trouble your brother has had! Sounds like your body is reacting to all the stress and letting you know. You are pretty young to be developing ALS. Sounds like you have your strength still and are recovering from your sciatica (which can take months). Twitching in ALS happens long after muscles start dying not before like your twitching. Hopefully, you have a professional to talk to in managing your grief. You've had a lot happen in a short time that has overwhelmed your body/mind. They may be able to help you cope and get some rest that helps your body to calm down...you do not have ALS.

Jen

Since you just lost your mum I don't think your parents will have a go at you. Tell them how you feel.

Rex,

I'm so sorry for your loss of your Mum, and the trouble your brother has had! Sounds like your body is reacting to all the stress and letting you know. You are pretty young to be developing ALS. Sounds like you have your strength still and are recovering from your sciatica (which can take months). Twitching in ALS happens long after muscles start dying not before like your twitching. Hopefully, you have a professional to talk to in managing your grief. You've had a lot happen in a short time that has overwhelmed your body/mind. They may be able to help you cope and get some rest that helps your body to calm down...you do not have ALS.

Jen

thanks for putting a bit of a smile on my face, but i have something to ask... i have had sciatica since the beginning of feb. I still have mild sciatica but i have also read that pinched nerves in the spine are to do with ALS? i honestly don't know if it could be that

RexX, go back to the doctor and let them figure it out. Tell someone what your feeling so they can help you dear. Worring never has chaged the future. Anxiety and Stress wreaks havoc on the body. Wishing you all the best.

Rex,

Pinched nerves are not ALS, go back to your doctor, physical therapist...you all have a lot on your plates. Be kind to each other and really talk to your parents...

Jen

Hey "RexX", i am feeling very sad after reading your post. I have condolence with you and i suggest you to go to a doctor as soon as possible.

Gosh man ... it's heart-breaking to hear that you've got all this on your plate at such a young age. I can't imagine losing a parent at my age (33), let alone at your age. I'm really sorry for your loss. I doubt your physical symptoms are from anything too scary but continue working with, and trusting, your medical team. Also, if you haven't already, make sure you're getting support for the emotional side of things, as that sure can't be helping the physical stuff. Your school counselor would be a great first step, or your family physician could make a referral. Good luck and stay strong.

You're young for ALS , go back to your doctor, I'm sorry for your loss of the mother.

JUST A NOTE:

Young RexX has not been on since 13 of August. Prayerfully he has spoken with his Dad, doc tor or school personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back