Reason
PALS
Country
CA
State
manitoba
City
winnipeg
Hello everyone, i am a new member. I do not have als but my father had it and i saw this forum searching the net and thought i would join and maybe share some thoughts and experiences that i may have had through the time my family lived with the disease.

Hi Rick. Always glad to have another Canadian on board but sorry for the reason you are here. I'm assuming your father has passed away? thanks for the offer of your insight. Jump in when you see something you feel you can help with.
AL.

Hi Rick!

Thanks for stopping by. Sorry your father had ALS. Look forward to anya dvice you may have for us.

Hi Rick. Sorry to hear about your Dad. I bet you miss him! welcome to the forum and glad to have your input any time! Cindy

Nw member

CindyM said:
Hi Rick. Sorry to hear about your Dad. I bet you miss him! welcome to the forum and glad to have your input any time! Cindy

Sorry for your loss, but glad you found us. Welcome EM

Als

hello my name is norman and I cannot speak ALS has taken my voice. I get very lonely sometimes. Alot of my friends don't know how I feel day today. I can still walk I have alittle trouble eating pluss a little trouble with my hands. Other than, that i'm ok today

Hi norman. Welcome. We're a pretty friendly bunch here. Glad you found us but sorry about the reasons you have to be here. Jump in whenever you like with advice or questions.
AL.

Hey norman. Have you ever run into George Goodwin ove there in steeltown?
AL.

als

this does not work for me ineed to talk to someone, i have ALS and cannot talk why can i can't talk to to somebody i feel like kill myself no body give a crap, i won't do it but i feel like like doing it, what good is it typing when nobody hears me

Last edited by a moderator:
norman said:
hello my name is norman and I cannot speak ALS has taken my voice. I get very lonely sometimes. Alot of my friends don't know how I feel day today. I can still walk I have alittle trouble eating pluss a little trouble with my hands. Other than, that i'm ok today

Norman, may God bless you, sweetheart. I hope you don't mind me calling you sweetheart, but it is my way of expressing myself! So sorry to hear that you lost your voice. My son died of als. He passed on June 3, 2007, 15 months after diagnosed. What a terrible disease. My baby passed at home. I saw him take his last breath. Very, very heartbreaking. I cannot think of any words to describe how I felt. Mine, and my son's story is a long one. So sad when I found out he had als. He is in Heaven. Such a courageous young man. How I miss him. I have such a big void! My Heavenly Father and prayers are helping me cope with my loss. May God bless you! Where do you live, and how old are you? Bless you, hon!

Irma

norman said:
this does not work for me ineed to talk to someone, i have ALS and cannot talk why can i can't talk to to somebody i feel like kill myself no body give a shit, i won't do it but i feel like like doing it, what good is it typing when nobody hears me

Norman, please don't feel that way. You Pals are special people in my book, not just because I lost my son to that terrible disease. I mean it from the bottom of my heart. This ugly disease was introduced to me when my son was diagnosed'ed with it. I didn't know it existed. My heart goes out to you guys. I am not a Pal, I am a Cal, I cannot leave this forum, because I care. We are here to pray with you, pray for you. I am totally out of words, I read about all these feelings that you Pals are going through, and I know my son experienced the same. I cannot walk away from this, I feel like I need to stick around, and be of some help (at least a teenie weenie!) May God bless you.

Irma

annmarie said:
HE Norman, we are here for you, talk to us, we will listen, I grew up in a place called Steelton, I saw Al asked you something about Steeltown, and wondered were that is? Keep the faith, you have friends in us, this is a great bunch of people, pulled me through a lot of tough times.. WELCOME

Steeltown! Isn't that in Pittsburgh, Pa?

Irma

Who'd forget Terry Bradshaw and the Steelers? LOL

It's a nickname for Hamilton Ontario Canada because of all the steel mills that were there.
AL.

Hello Norman- it is hard to get used to "meeting" people online but eventually it works. If you pick a tiopc and research it by using the search feature on the top of this screen two things will happen: First, you will forget for a minute how awful you feel while you learn about some aspect of ALS; and second, you will start to learn who some of the regular posters are. Soon you will feel like you are talking in person!

PS Hope you are feeling a little better today. I hope this sad mood passes quickly. Cindy

Dearest Norman,

I am new to this forum as well. After reading your post, I felt the collective hug that everyone on this board is sending you. I wish I could give you one in person! I hope you are feeling better, just finding this forum has made me feel a little better and I hope it helps you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back