PALS
Country
US
State
New York
City
Ridge
caregiver's offer

Hello, im new, and my father just recently died of ALS, my mother passed 3 years ago of Cancer

My dad passed after having ALS, and I may be able to help you because I had to stay home and help my father with every from the day he had it, until the day he died. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone may have based on this deadly disease.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there! I merged these two posts so folks would be able to find your comments easier. I wanted to tell you that I am glad you decided to join us! You didn't say how long your Dad was ill or when he passed...It must have been hard on you! Cindy

Welcome chesterlicious -

How nice of you to offer your assistance - what a caring gesture! Thank you.

Liz

Hello, my mother is in the final stages of his awful illness and the doctor told me that the medical opinion is that she will only last maybe another week or two. Obviously we are all pretty scared and offering our love and support ever day in between working. I was wondering what will happen at the end? Will she slip into a coma and die peacefully? I can't find too much information about the end of this illness. Any help with my question is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for that. The article was very helpful. I will keep you up to date with how my Mom is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back