Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
White plains
First off I’d like to thank the people that help others out on this site. I feel for the ones actually going through ALS but I’m just confused and frightened. The last thing I want to do is waste anyone’s time but I’m just looking for some input from someone who has experience.

Here’s my story sometime around April 19th I ran a mile. The following day I had excess saliva it kept pooling in my mouth driving me crazy. Constant spitting and this lasted quite a while even til this day. I still have some excess saliva, It’s somewhat manageable now but this isn’t how my mouth felt before there’s just extra saliva. I was driving myself crazy looking for answers getting little sleep having trouble with work. One night my thigh twitched it was weird but I went to sleep brushed it off the following days the twitching got worse it spread everywhere throughout my body. I thought I was having a seizure or something at one point everywhere from the neck down was spazzing all together at once for about a minute. Ever since then it’s been twitching here and there not crazy but it’s in random parts of my body. I got curious and researched sure enough mnd, als and a bunch of other things popped up, I read about tongue twitches and that’s when it all hit me I checked my tongue and it was twitching. Completely freaked out I looked up a bunch of videos and I just can’t tell what’s what everything appears to not move if I rest my tongue but if I stick it out. The middle a little towards the back presses in about the size of an eraser and the rest of my tongue shakes and the further I stick it out the sides seem to twitch as well I’ll post a video but any help would be appreciated

First off, please, please, please do NOT post tongue videos. It's unnecessary and really unappealing. I didn't even watch the video as it will show nothing anyway. Your symptoms do not say ALS as a whole. BTW, if you had any type of bulbar onset, sticking your tongue out that far would not be possible. Also, everyone's tongue twitches when it sticks out. That's great news for you and you should cast any ALS worries aside. Please go to your doctor for any further questions.

Best of luck to you and stay safe.

Continued extra saliva and tongue irritation could relate to a salivary gland problem that a doctor can check out.

While you are in the office or on line, you can ask that your strength be checked for a baseline in the future. Twitching and lost sleep and anxiety often go together.

There is no reason to be worried about ALS.

None of us will watch this video - please go see a doctor, but you don't have ALS.

Read this carefully too

Thousands of Americans have falsely convinced themselves they have a
serious disease, after turning to 'Dr Google' – according to new research.

Instead of alleviating concerns, 74 percent of those who have self-diagnosed
online searching for their symptoms made them worry MORE about their health.

That is due to the answers given by Dr Google, of internet medical advice,
was found by researchers to be misleading without proper evaluation by a
a qualified physician.

I understand thanks for the fast responses I hope it’s all in my head I really appreciate it sorry about the video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back