Hello, im a 20 year old in France, atrophy in left hand, and body wide twitching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark20

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
FR
I have been twitching for more than 8 months now, and recently i realized that i might have atrophy in my left thenar, specifically the adductor pollis, im worried as im young.
My first neuro appointment, last year the doctor noticed i had bilateral hyperflexia in my knees, but he didnt think too much about it
I posted pictures of my right and left hands.
I appreciate any help and suggestions coming my way, thank you !

And forgot to mention that the left thumb adduction is also weaker than my right thumb

Attachments

• 20210410_173130.jpg
    20210410_173130.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 454
  • 20210410_173135.jpg
    20210410_173135.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 456
  • 20210410_173140.jpg
    20210410_173140.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 454
  • 20210410_173142.jpg
    20210410_173142.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 467
Last edited by a moderator:
Mark, I have Split hand syndrome... I wish my left hand looks like
yours.

Once again, as I have told others... posting pictures here accomplishes
nothing. Nobody here is going to look at the pictures of your hand
and make a determination affirming your suspicions.

No help... no suggestions. Other than.... did you show your hand to
your Neurologist at the last visit? Show the Neurologist at your next
appointment. Ask for one if you need to.

And do try not to use off color words in future posts... if any until you
see your Neurologist again.

Finally, "but he didn't think too much about it." Run with that.

Im sorry if i came off in the wrong way.
It's just that i can see a visible diffirence between the right and left hand, so it got me in an anxious state for a couple of weeks
I wont be able to visit a neuro for some time, and that doesnt help.

Please start here as I don't think you have read it
it states that differences from one side of the body to the other is not atrophy.
I think you could try visiting your regular doctor, a televisit will be enough to start with.
As Al says, your hands look normal, my husband also had split hand syndrome, you truly don't.

Hello,
Im so sorry that ill be posting pictures again, even though some of you dont recommend it. Ive just been having panic attacks left and right
Recently ive been having trouble giving the thumbs up sign with my left hand and also saw that there might be atrophy between my thumb and index finger.
My thenar and my first interesseous muscle are working fine when muscle testing them.
Its just hard for me to do the thumbs up sign with my left hand.
Im Sorry if i bother any of you, i dont mean it and more than anything thank you.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1530208323.jpg
    Snapchat-1530208323.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 384
  • Snapchat-281809405.jpg
    Snapchat-281809405.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 353
  • Snapchat-1980458678.jpg
    Snapchat-1980458678.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 417
Hi Mark-

Not sure what purpose you might have in continuing to post here. There is nothing the folk here can do for you in the face of such overwhelming health anxiety except recommend you visit with your doctor and tell them what you are observing. We can not help you diagnose yourself with anything, nor can we seem to reassure you about not having ALS. It is very clear this is something that is affecting your daily life, and you must get a handle on it.

I also direct you to re-read the link Tillie posted for you and pay careful attention to the part titled "Finally". While we can provide basic information, the people here really can not help more than that, not even if you post more pictures of your hands.

Please seek help from your doctor.

Its hard for me to get a neurologist at the moment, so i try to get reassurence here. I know its inconsiderate, and im very sorry about that, its just that when i panic, i jump to the gun.
But, thank you for the reply, i appreciate it.

Your regular doctor is perfectly able to detect atrophy if it exists and to evaluate complaints of weakness. They are far more able to assess you than we are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back