Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
ca
City
portola valley
Hello Everyone,
My husband David was recently diagnosed with ALS in October at Stanford. We received a second opinion from UCSF in November confirming the ALS diagnosis.

We are working with both hospitals at the present time to see which one works best for us. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has any experience with these hospitals. Thanks Bev Rees

Hi, Bev ... I am so sorry for your husband's diagnosed. I'm sure you will find someone on the forum with some insights about the hospitals, but I'm sure they are both top-notch.

I'm glad you found this forum. There are some remarkable caregivers here who will provide a lot of support and good information.

Take care.

Hi Beverly. I'm going to move this up to General Discussion. You might get quicker answers there.

AL.

Welcome Bev,
I'm so sorry about your husband's diagnosed, I hope you both will find your "new normal" soon.

I have no idea about the hospitals out there, but I'm sure you will find lots of support on here.

Feel free to ask away,
-brenda

Hi bev! Welcome to the forum! Wish like heck you did not have to be here. So sorry about your husband's diagnosis. Your entire family is in my prayers! God bless each one of you!

Irma

ucsf

They are excellent. Dr. Lomen-Hoerth is always reachable and very helpful.

Thank you so much for all your support. I am glad to know there is so much help available for this disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back