Status
Not open for further replies.

SueQ

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sue Born ,handle on the forum SueQ . I'm a full time daughter and caregiver to my Mom who is 62 and was diagnosed in June 2005 with bulbar onset ALS. She went undiagnosed for 1 and ahalf years, so really she has been living with AL for 2 years now and rapidly progressing. Both my Mom and Dad moved in with us, us being my husband and two teenage kids, back in June 2005.
Since I have two parents and two teenagers to help 24-7 life has been challenging at times and other times a great gift. Anyways, I just wanted to share my story with you , and I know I will have questions for you all as things progress for Mom. I was feeeling isolated a few weeks ago until I went to a ALS meeting and the staff told me about this great forum.
Please to meet to all. Sue Q :) :) :) :) :)

Hi Sue. Pleased to meet you but sorry that you are here. We seem to be getting quite a few new members from out west. Jump in and ask away whenever you need to.
Al.

Hi Sue, and welcome to the forum. Sorry about your Mom.
I am a just turned 63 year old Granny, and I was diagnosed with bulbar ALS in April 04, almost two years ago. I had symptoms for 6 or 7 months when I was diagnosed.
I hope this forum helps you, it is a good place for me to come when I need someone who really understands me, or I need to lighten up a little! There is a bit of humour here once in awhile:)

Welcome aboard

:) Hi Sue, I hope you find a comfortable space here.
I was diag. last Sept. with Familial limb onset, have had 2 symptoms for atleast 10 years but they weren't making things obvious. Any way, I have a good husband who looks after me. You should feel proud taking in your parents at such a time when they need you, so sorry aout your mom.

Hi Sue
Sorry that you are here... but jealous of Kelowna! It sounds as if you have a very full house which is going to be very helpful with caregiving for your mom. If everybody pitches in the load will lighten, and even your kids will grow from the experience. I guess it can be a double edged sword.

CHeers

T.

Hi Sue, I to am a daughter and caregiver for my Mom who has ALS. She moved in with us( husband and 2 small children ) in Dec/05. It does have it's challenges, but many blessings as well.
Glad you found us! It's a great place for information and support.
Michele

A Daughters Love said:
Hi Sue, I to am a daughter and caregiver for my Mom who has ALS. She moved in with us( husband and 2 small children ) in Dec/05. It does have it's challenges, but many blessings as well.
Glad you found us! It's a great place for information and support.
Michele
Michele,My mother moved in last May with myself and two children-9,10.She is 76 years old with ALS,how is your mom doing?

Hello Sue!

I am in Toronto. My husband died from ALS a year ago. I have great memories of Kelowna from a trip we did before he was sick. :-D
Welcome to the Forum!
Sunny

Hi Sue,

Welcome to the forum. I did a trip to Kelowna in my power chair... beautiful setting.:-D

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back