Diagnosis
11/2006
Country
US
State
pa
City
branchdale
just thought i would finely say hello, my name is mike people call me scoop im 47 yrs young, married with three childern they are 29,27,17 two boys and a girl that just got her licience, i also have one grandson, he is 9yrs. i was diagnosed with als on 11/14/2006 and it was at least one year before that i showed symtoms, what a long process. hope goes a long way with this diagnosed, i hope all of your hopes and dreams will get you through, mine are my strenght! i was just going to say hello

Hi, Scoop ... thanks for joining our group. It sounds like you have got a good handle on LIVING with ALS. What a great family. I agree: hopes and dreams are the key.

Best wishes.

thank you for the welcome bethu

im still tryiny to figure out this site and how it completly works. i don't know if im being hopeful or im just being stubborn either way its working. did you do anything crazy when you found out you were sick? I JUMPED OUT OF A PERFECTLY GOOD AIRPLAINE.

Actually, I went into complete denial. That works too, for a while. :)

I have made it a policy to never jump out of perfectly good airplanes ... or even imperfect ones. Saves so much wear and tear on my screaming aparatus.

that was a good one

that was a good one beth,well i lie i did'nt jump and i was'nt pushed, the plane kind of just tilts too the side and you fall out. it is a heck of a feeling when your affraid of heights. im also sorry to hear about your husbands problems, i have been told by people that god only gives us what we can handle, god bless you beth i will pray for both of you.

hey scoop,
welcome to the forum! I was diagnosed 6/08, I'm 48, our boys are 18,15, and 8. I don't know if I'm nuts, or blessed, or lucky, or a little of all the above! :roll::lol::roll:
About the craziest thing I've done since my diagnosed, was on Thanksgiving, I rode on a tandem bicycle with my 15 yr old on the front seat! Doesn't quite rank up there with falling out of an airplane, but I was pretty much scared to death!
Keep up the good work, whatever you are doing, faith takes you everywhere!
brenda

thank you the welcome brendapals

i have done my share of riding in the basket and on the hood of a car. if my daughter knew that she would flip. kids are great are'nt they? well don't get to wild on that bike stay grounded. but have fun :lol::lol::lol:

thanks scoop,
I'm just glad the rest of my family were inside the house, and no one took a picture! Not something I would want anyone to see!

Now I'm just tickled at my kids, they are texting me that school is out tomorrow because we have snow and ice!

Yippee, maybe we can put up a Christmas tree!
take care,
brenda

I did the skydiving thing too scoop. Wish I had the strength to try it more but only did the one. There's a story somewhere in the archives about it. Welcome.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back