Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Cumbria
City
Workington
I would like to discuss some symptoms I've been having which I fear may be ALS. In August last year I noticed that I had reduced muscle in left right lower arm. I put this to the back of my mind and forgot about it to be honest. Then sometime earlier this year I started developing ver strong muscle cramps and twitching. Now I have various muscles beginning to waste away along with overwhelming fatigue generally and with muscle overuse. I also have pins and needles if a lean on a nerve, but not sure if this is an ALS symptom or not. I'm awaiting to go to Newcastle (Uk) for neuro testing. I don't expect anybody to diagnose me on here but rather would like to discuss your experiences. I'm a nurse practitioner so both my gp and myself are concerned and he is speeding me through the system as I can tell him the exact nature of my concerns. Any info or discussion would be gratefully received and I'll keep you all updated on my progression. Thanks in advance :grin:

Please let us know how your Neuro appointment goes! You will find that people as a rule will not discuss their symptoms or experiences with someone that doesn't have ALS. Your symptoms do not sound like ALS. Good luck. :)

Ms Pie is correct. Even if you are a reasonable individual who doesn't parse everything we say for the most anxiety inducing option, there are hundreds of unreasonable people just like that reading this board every day.

Are there any more specific question we could handle for you?

Hi amandanectar, hope that you find that you don't need to be here... did your gp find clinical weakness? Drop foot, etc? Or Babinsky reflex? There are so many other things that it could be, I hope you stay positive. Remember ALS is pretty rare, and you'll need an EMG to see if there's any issues. Good luck!

Good luck to you. I'm sorry I don't know enough about ALS to be of any help. But, I do know it is extremely rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back