PALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Willis
I just joined the forum.
My name is Bill, I'm 46, I live in Texas, I'm married and have two teenage daughters and I was diagnosed with ALS just over 10 years ago. I'm Looking forward to talking with all of you.

Welcome

Hi Bill -

Am I reading this right, you were diagnosed ten years ago? We're definitely gonna have some questions for you!

Liz

Welcome Bill. As Liz says boy have we got questions for you. Can you tell us at what stages you are at? I read your profile but it doesn't say much about your present condition. AL.

I haven't been able to talk, walk... For over eight years. I finally gave in and got a feeding tube a year ago after getting tired of fighting weight loss and choking... I am able to work on my computer by using a headmouse with a Words-plus program. I'm not on a vent, but I sleep with a C-PAP every night. My wife is able to work from home and she's also my full-time caregiver.

Thanks for the information Bill. It is nice when someone fills us in and we can put a bit of a personality to a name. It's one of the things that I think distinguishes this forum from the others. We aren't just a bunch of anonymous names. Al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back