12/2015
Country
BD
State
Dhaka
City
Dhaka
Hi everyone,
My mom was diagnosed with ALS on Dec, 2015. on Feb 2, 2016, she fainted & doc's later told us that she now has type 2 respiratory failure.

We was not prepared for such quick progression of the illness. She has been operated & now has a tracheostomy tube inside her trachea, with which she breathes. A Bipap device attached with the tube, supported by oxygen cylinders.

She is fully conscious & oriented. Can recognize ppl & talk well. All her limbs are 95% OK, except the lungs.

I'm having a hard time determining what type of device she needs for breathing support. Bipap or ventilator ?

I live in Dhaka, Bangladesh & most Doc's here seem to know very lil abt MND & are kinda scared about it. They are not very knowledgeable about advising us on what device we need. We bought a RESmart Bipap Device from BMC, China but can't rely much on it. The seller seemed to have overpriced it, as we were in a hurry & know little.

We are planning to buy a new device for backup/better support. May be Philips A40. How can we get more info on selecting the best device she needs? Where to look for help?

Thanks to all helpful folks on this forum

Regards,
Milton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back