Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
I’ve had muscle twitching on my hand for about 5 months now probably even since July. It was never an issue just a thing that happen. I would always see either my right index or my right thumb moving a bit.

Last night I was fidgeting with my hands. It could just be in my head and it was always normal. The muscle on the side of the palm right below the thumbs feel a bit flat and smooth. I kept touching it and thought and thought was this always there. There’s also a line on both hands right under the muscle when I stretch them out.
Is this considered muscle wasting?

Also I just got joint pain on my right thumb. I feel it when I really rotate it.

I’ve put pictures one week apart for reference. The picture with the hand on fabric is from a week ago and the one against the greenish wall is from last night.

I’m going to see a doctor, but I’m very nervous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Until you see a doctor and can tell us what they find, suspect, and suggest is next, we can't really do anything. That is because your report is very subjective and you could be missing heaps of things a doctor would see and check out.

ALS is really not likely to start like this. Please do read the post you've been linked to carefully. Now that you've been searching here for a few hours, you should stop, get some hydration and rest. Don't go deep down this rabbit hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back