Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
City
Ashburn
This is my second post here, my last one was closed. The reason for me coming back is a severe increase in symptoms unfortunately. I am 14 months into my twitching, however it has gone from a simple flicker on the outside of my foot to craziness, and I’d like to get an opinion.

Currently I am experiencing literal non stop twitching varying in severity but never less than 30/minute in calves and feet. I have always gotten random twitches elsewhere, but now they are relatively consistent in my shoulder blades, throat, and chest. Unfortunately I had come to terms with my twitching until it spread to my throat and upper back.

Along with these new locations I have also been experiencing an increase in cramps and cramp severity. From the beginning I had cramps in my legs, but now they are in my neck, stomach, and forearms (and still in the legs), and are bad enough for me to scream out.

I also experience continual balance issues and a heaviness in my left arm. The heaviness is weird though, because it doesn’t necessarily always feel heavy, but I’ve noticed that I am missing lifting things here and there. For example I will be putting a plate away in the cabinet and when I go to lift it I am constantly hitting the plate on the cabinet, or essentially dropping the plate onto the other plates with no finesse.

I wish I were confident I am ok after this passage of time, but the fact that things simply aren’t improving, or even staying the same is very frustrating.

I was previously on several medications but have come off everything within the past month. These included klonopin, Xanax, Zoloft, flexeril, and magnesium supplements. The klonopin, Xanax, and flexeril were taken as needed so there was no dependency.

Please let me know any thoughts, especially concerning the neck/throat and back twitching and cramping.

I should also add I had hyper reflexes on a recent clinical.

Here’s the previous threads

You still don’t have ALS. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. Feeling weak is not the same as clinical weakness noted by a physician. Hyperreflexia can be a normal variant and is nonspecific.

Please work with your doctors. But you don’t need to be here.

(second link added~F)

Last edited by a moderator:
nah, twitching means nothing, you could ask your doctor to help you however with your anxiety returning after going off those meds. all the best

Thanks for the replies. So twitching after basic movements such as turning over in bed, scratching my back, turning my head, etc. are the same as other twitches?

Yes. Twitches are twitches. Ignore them for your own sanity.

Can alcohol cause my symptoms?

You need to stop now and go see a doctor. The people here are dealing with a terminal illness and some type with their eyes. You don't have ALS, so that's the end of our ability to help. I hope you understand, no need to reply further.

Knock it off now, Skins. Sadly you've had two threads closed already due to your compulsive obsession with trying to get an ALS diagnosis. The folks on this forum actually have this disease, so please think of them and not yourself regarding ALS.

Take care now and best of luck to you in your life.

If you use alcohol frequently, yes, it an cause balance issues and clumsiness, especially if combined with some of the medications you mention— Xanax, Klonopin, and Flexeril. But you don’t have ALS.

I feel you’ve been given ample opportunities here to post your concerns and be answered. Time to say goodbye. I’m closing this thread. Please don’t open another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back