Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
I have Myoclonic Dystonia a muscle movement disorder . Two months ago I started getting a twitch in my arm and then three days later it was all over . Typically with my Dystonia I just get light jerks, so this was scary . Now three days ago I got some weakness in my left leg and right thumb/hand . I do have Carpal tunnel, but never experienced this with it . Objects feel heavy in my hand but I can still lift them etc . Also my when I am balancing on my left leg to shave or just to rest my right the left leg feels weak and shaky . I have felt a lightheaded too, like I could just fall over. Unfortunately I can’t see a doctor being I have no insurance . I tried Baclofen when I did, and it didn’t help . I do have bad anxiety and have been a little stressed and worrying that I have ALS is making my stress even worse . Thanks for yalls time !

I meant Lightening jerks ! I shake too .. because of th MD.

Twitching means nothing, so that is not something you should even think about.

Read this really carefully, it will answer everything you are worried about.

Thanks for your reply ! I think it’s the weakness more so in my hand and thumb, yes I can cut my nails but my hand gets so weak and stiff after it and every other thing I do with it . Unfortunately, I will not be able to see a doctor a the moment . I get a bad cramp in my thumb too .

You’re not describing ALS.

Not describing ALS, thankfully! Good news that you don't need to be a part of a forum for people with ALS. Take good care and stay safe.

Today is even worse . I couldn’t get the peel off my orange juice . I literally didn’t have the strength to do so . I guess I should have clarified what I mean my leg being weak . It’s literally has tried to pin on me twice . My coordination is off I cant look up or bend down without feeling like I am going to fall over .

do you not have a neurologist that you can call? You state you have a diagnosis. In addition if you really live in MA you could have signed up for ACA for June until May 23. you can now sign up for July. There are subsidies. If you are too poor for that Masshealth

it doesn’t sound like ALS but make arrangements for medical care to get checked

I went to see my PCP, she said my strength was good . Gave me some medication for the sea sick unbalanced feel I am experiencing. Well today I woke up even worse the tremor keeps going in my spine and I have no energy what’s so ever . I can’t see that great either, therefore I am having to go to the ER . Thanks for your guys help.

Good luck - let us know here once you have a diagnosis and I hope they solve it soon. Certainly nothing even remotely like ALS :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back