Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Los Angeles
As the title suggests, immediately after waking up I find it difficult(not impossible) to do the heel to toe test but find after an hour or way after I’m able to do it with relative ease. I suspect more that it is my body not being fully awake rather than ALS but just wanted some other opinions. I plan on seeing a neurologist in two months to discuss this. I also have muscle twitches and cramps but know that could easily be any number of things.
Only reason why I’m even concerned is my mom passed away 4 months ago and she had ALS so it is still fresh in my mind.
Many thank yous for even replying to this thread if anybody so chooses.

Very sorry for the loss of your mom, Jeremy.

I think you have answered your own question. And, as you know, even if ALS ran in your family, which it sounds like it doesn't, it typically begins at around the same age, whereas you are quite a bit younger than your mom was when she had it.

Many of us require caffeine, exercise, or time to "come alive" from our muscles' point of view.

Best,
Laurie

Laurie,
Thank you so much for your reply. Sorry it took so long to reply back. I figured as much. Probably the stress of my moms death and having to settle her estate is probably causing all the twitching. I’ll keep an eye on it and check with the neurologist next month but try not to obsess about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back