Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Stafford
Hey guys! How do you handle the heartache of watching your loved one going though this nasty nasty hateful disease? Its getting harder to sit here and watch my dad loose his arm muscles.:( I know my mom is having a hard time with it too but I dont know what to do but laugh it off. Im trying to be strong for my dad but its very hard to sit there and not cry in front of him or my mom(I know your reading this mom!). But sometimes I cant help it and I need to cry. Thankfully I have great friends who are there for me, which is more than I could ask for in great friends!:-D But thats all thats been going on with me here lately.

OOOO his appointment is this Friday, so we will hopefully find out if he really does have ALS or not. We are just crossing our fingers that he can get that new lithium treatment! And stop all of these syptoms in their tracks!

Thanks for listening to me!

No problem dadsgrl. That's what we're for.
AL.

dadsgrl4life

My brother cannot use his arms or hands at all. His legs are getting weaker. It absolutely not east watching someone you Love very, very much go through this Monster Disease. At first I was in Denial. (he lived in WV at the time) then I went into every Grief Stage possible. More than a Few times. And then I siad I had to get a BIG GRIP and do everything I can for my wonderful brother. We moved him to Alabama Jan 07.

We have taken care of him since. It's harder emotionally I think than it will ever be physically as a Caregiver. I help with him at my Mom's. I go in strong as an OX! But that don't mean I don't cry all the way home (15 miles). I want to show him strength. Because that's what he shows me in his own way. He has a wonderful Attitude, Spirit and Will to Live.

We know how hard it is. We are thinking of you. Support Dad all you can. And I hope he don't have ALS. Please keep us informed.

Lorie

Hey Lorie and AL, Thanks for everything!

Lorie thanks for the kind words and encouragement! Im glad that you stepped up in helping your brother! My dad also has a wonderful Attitude(in front of us kids), spirit and an amazing will to beat this nasty disease! I will keep you informed once we find something out on Friday! Cross your fingers!

Thanks again,

Heather

Hi Dadsgirl,

I, too, wondered how to stay strong for my mom and not just cry whenever I was with her. But now I'm finding it hard to show her how I feel. I think it's important to do both. You want your dad to know how much he means to you and so you need to let the feelings show, but then, you can't let them out all the time because you have to be strong. I think everyone needs to find the balance that's right for them. I've been letting my mom see some of the tears so that she knows how much I love her. And then I let the tears dry and tell a joke to make her laugh. That's how I get through. Sending you all the best to find YOUR balance.

Witzz

This is exactly what I would want my own loved ones to do!

It sure is heartwrenching to hear your raw emotions coming out of your love for your father and mother. They obviously did a great job raising a very good compassionate woman. May you look to God each and every day for the strength and courage you will need. I will pray that the diagnosis is not ALS. God bless you and your family.

Sincerely,
Mary Jo

Witzz~ Thank you so much for those kind words! I do get teary eyed around my dad sometimes and then he sees it and he jokes about everything. Which we do joke about things all the time, but its getting harder because it starting to prove true what we sometimes joke about.

Mary Jo~ Thank you for the heartwarming complament. Thank you for your all of your support!

Thank you all for your support!

I am keeping your family in my prayers!

Irma

Hi girl!
I'm from Daphne across the bay, and my wife was diagnosed with als Sept 11, 2007. Since then our new lives here in Alabama have been turned upside down. We moved here 2 wks before "Ivan", and thought how dreadful he was... ALS has him beat, hands down...
I haven't post a new 'blog' (or whatever they're called) of my own yet, I'm new today to this forum and I'm learning what I can... so please excuse.
We have a doctor's appointment in an hour... to check on her "progress", but it doesn't look good.

We'll all pray for one another, ok?

Michael S

Welcome Michael. We're all in this together. Hope we can help.
AL.

Michael S

Michael,
When your are able to PM. I will give you my E-Mail address. We live so close. I can be helpful for you and your Wife. I am very sorry for her DX. You know ALS is 33% higher in the South Alabama area than any other part of the Country. I have lots of info for you.

Unless there is someway AL or Cindy can give you my E-Mail?

Keep in touch through the Forum. You have found the best place you could have in this horrible situation. Wonderful, Amazing people here!

Lorie-Mobile:-D

If Michael says it's OK I can send you the email he registered with. If he wants another he can PM me.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back