Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
US
State
FL
City
The Villages
Last fall 2020, I suddenly developed cardiac issues. Wild variations in BP and heart rate. Had an ablation in December 2020 which failed. Have been on high dose (800 mg day) Amiodarone to try to control high heart rate and had a Pacemaker inserted last month. Things haven’t changed, so the cardiologist wants to do an AV node ablation in mid January and make my heart 100% dependent on the pacer. We have discussed ALS and it’s effects on the heart, something about a nerve change from the brain to the heart. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? Thank you!

I had an issue several years ago and they wondered if it was related. It wasn’t, they found a treatable cause and it resolved quickly. Good luck with the ablation

Interesting subject! I have trouble with a rapid heart rate, especially if I get overtired or upset. I saw a cardiologist 3 or 4 years ago who thought I was over medicated. My PCP changed my primary heart/blood pressure medication from lisinopril (an ace inhibitor) to metoprolol (a beta blocker) and it seems to control my heart rate much better. My heart rate still gets higher in the evenings but slows down when I go to bed.

I never thought of the possibility of the rapid pulse rate being ALS/PLS related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back