Reason
Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
NEW BRUNSWICK
City
MIRAMICHI
My mom passed away on December 22,2008 with ALS. She was such a wonderful person, a wonderful friend, grandmother, sister and mother. She dedicated her life to helping others.
She started her career as a nurse, went on to teaching nursing, back to nursing and finally along with the government brought a wonderful program called "Extra Mural Hospital" to our area. She was the manager of this program for many years until her retirment in 2002.
My mother had a wonderful faith in god, one that I might add I didnt for what was happening to her. She would always tell me I had to have faith. As she worsened (still not knowing what she even had) I would say," mom how can you have so much faith" when this is happening? She would always reply, God has a reason for everything, you must be strong and believe in him and what he does.
Well even now that she is gone, I still do question his reasoning behind what I consider one of the most cruel diseases I have ever heard of. However I found and still find myself thanking him for certain things from time to time. On the morning of her death (she had slept away very peacefully) I thanked him for taking her the way he did.
The more I tried to hate him the more she made me love him.
It took the most important thing from my life but taught me so much about myself and what I had inside. I want to make more people aware of this disease and help those who do have it.

Wendy,

I am sorry to here about your mother, may she rest in peace.

Wendy,

Your description of your mother was a wonderful one. I am glad you witnessed her going peacefully and that you'll always have wonderful memories of her.

Thank you for posting and helping in spread awareness of ALS.

My sincere condolences Wendy.

AL.

"I still do question his reasoning behind what I consider one of the most cruel diseases I have ever heard of. However I found and still find myself thanking him for certain things from time to time.[/QUOTE]

Wendy I really identify with what you said. My Dad has ALS (diagnosed in August) and I still can't really believe what we all have to face with this disease. I hope that I may find the faith that you seem to be acquiring thanks to your loving mother who sounds like a wonderful, generous person. She is a true hero for having contributed what she did to the world. Please accept my deepest sympathies. I am very very sorry for your loss.

I am so very for the loss of you dear mother. She sounds like such a wonderful woman and loving mother...may she rest in peace.

Thank you all for your kind words and condolances. I wish I had of known this site was here along time ago. I am finding a strange feeling of peace as I read the words of support that everyone shares to both the wonderful people past and present who have ALS.

Wendy

One of the best Gifts God gives us through hard times is PEACE. I am so very happy you have found this during this time. I am very sorry for the loss of your Mother, I do feel she will live on in the very important gift she gave you in her Faith.

Renee

Wendy

My Mum also had the strongest faith and I am sure that is what got her through some very difficult and painful times.

So sorry for your loss

Kind regards

Flowerpot

Wendy,
My sincere sympathy to you and your family. Sounds like your mom was a tremendous woman! God bless you dear,
-b

Thank You

Thank you all so much

Thank you Renee, I believe that too.

Your mother was a very smart, strong woman by the sounds of things. She is even helping people now with her words, through you.

God bless you,

Thank you

Thank you Violetivy for your kind words. I hope she would feel the same way, actually she probably would. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back