Not open for further replies.

Anxiousnelly

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hey all, love this forum and all you guys do. I did read the FAQ and just wanted some discussion thoughts.

31 yo M, started about 1 month ago with diffuse fasics. Would notice at rest and when I’m lifting it would be fine. Definitely noticed stronger fasics the day after but it was pretty wide spread (biceps, thumbs, eyelids, calf, quads, hammy, and even like back and abdominal wall).

Attributed it to caffeine use, and scaled back the last few days and the fasics have definitely gotten better (only occasional twitch lasting one or two beats, still random). The weird part that has me spooked is my right arm and leg. They felt heavy. Not truly weak like failure but it felt off and didn’t feel any one muscle group weaker than the other. I work in healthcare and so I did some at home testing and my strength afaik is still symmetric and 5/5 and the arm heaviness has gotten better but my R leg is still feeling off. I don’t have any gait instability, still able to walk up and down steps without any issue, and when I wake up there isn’t really any problem, it’s after a few hours of being up it starts acting up.

Looking for some reassurance. The thought of *** popped in my head because a friend had another healthcare provider who had severe fasics who was dx w *** and that had me bugging. Thanks!

Hello-

If you read here: Read Before Posting, it covers things like twitching absent clinical weakness and addresses the difference between clinical weakness and feelings of heaviness, etc. The standard thing we recommend is a visit to the doctor first if you have worries about health issues.

Take care

You attributed it to caffeine use, and scaled back the last few days
and the fasics have definitely gotten better.

Your arm heaviness has gotten better.

You don’t have any gait instability, still able to walk up and down
steps without any issues.

When you wake up there isn’t really any problem.

With ALS nothing gets better or comes and goes… it’s called a
progressive disease.

Being a 31 year old male I’m assuming you might have read other
threads where we said ALS is a rare disease and even more rare is
someone in their early 30s being diagnosed with ALS.

You being in Health Care I’m sure you know self testing has it’s
flaws where your mind may sometimes agree with your suspicions.

Don’t refer to Dr. Google, make an appointment with a doctor
maybe thru the Health Care you work with. Come back after
you have some results from a doctors examinations.

Really posting anymore new symptoms won’t be helpful or
accomplish much more.

I hope your non ALS issues get resolved soon.

Sometimes single-leg weirdness without weakness relates to positioning in sleep, especially if your bed or available space in it is a bit cramped. There might also be some carryover from all the twitches or a mild injury.

If it persists, you could consider therapeutic massage and of course as others have said, see your PCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back