00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Cobourg
ALS - Head and Shoulders - YouTube

The ALS Society of Canada has launched a new public service advertising campaign created by Lowe Roche, Toronto to raise awareness about Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and the ALS Society's efforts to fund research towards a cure for the disease.

Created by Lowe Roche on a pro bono basis, the 60-second television public service announcement, “Head and Shoulders” is composed of a montage of clips, each one focusing on a man with ALS in emotionally charged moments as his disease advances to different parts of his body. Set to the children’s song, “Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes”, as the spot progresses, and his conditions worsen, the cheerful singing becomes a sad whisper.

We chose to create a spot that was musically and emotionally driven to raise awareness for ALS,” said Christina Yu, Vice President, Creative Director, Lowe Roche.

“This song is one which everybody can relate to and we wanted to use it unconventionally to illustrate how this disease eventually affects every body part ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, is a rapidly progressive and fatal neuromuscular disease that causes the degeneration of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. As the nerve cells die, people with ALS lose control of their muscles, which makes breathing, eating and even smiling almost impossible. Eighty per cent of those diagnosed will die within two to five years. There is no known cure or effective treatment of ALS.

"Lowe Roche has created a very powerful commercial that we think will help the public better understand what ALS is all about," explains Bobbi Greenberg, Director of Communications, ALS Society of Canada. "We're very appreciative of their dedication to this project and of those who donated their time and services during the production process. We’re certain that their efforts will help us raise the funds we desperately need to proceed with research initiatives that will ultimately help us find effective therapies and a cure for this devastating disease

View “Head and Shoulders” online here:
http://www.glossyinc.com/loweroche/als.html

Or on YouTube here:
YouTube- ALS - Head and Shoulders

Full creative credits are posted here:
http://www.glossyinc.com/alscred.html

People wishing to donate to the ALS Society of Canada can do so at [URL]http://www.als.ca[/URL]

About Lowe Roche
Lowe Roche is a Toronto-based communications company that specializes in developing innovative 360˚ multimedia campaigns. It is part of Lowe Worldwide, headquartered in London. Founded in 1991 by Geoffrey Roche, the agency has been named Agency of the Year six times including 1997, Agency of the Decade and International Agency of the Year by Advertising Age. It was the top-performing agency at the Digital Marketing Awards held in 2007, with thirteen wins adding to the over 1,000 awards won by the agency in the last 16 years. Clients of Lowe Roche include: Audi Canada, Johnson & Johnson, Mackenzie Financial, Nestle Purina, Coca-Cola, Bauer, Toronto Zoo, and most recently Miele Canada

About the ALS Society of Canada
Founded in 1977 as a national voluntary health organization, the ALS Society of Canada funds research towards a cure for ALS and supports our provincial partners in the provision of quality care for those living with ALS. Additional information about the ALS Society of Canada is available at www.als.ca.

Last edited:
That sounds wonderful ! A really powerful message. Congratulations to ALS Society of Canada.

Now, let's get something like that going in the U.S., the U.K, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa ...

A very moving video. I pray it reaches the screens of those who need to see it.

What a powerful video. Thank you so much for sharing. We need this in the US>>>>>

Heart broken

I should not have watched this at work. I'm a bit of a mess now.... I really wish this wasn't going to happen to my dad. It's so unfair.

I do hope the word gets out and more gets done...

Very moving piece. I've sent it to everyone in my address book.

AL.

Al,
I just did the same thing, the best piece I have seen. So moving, thank you.......

Wow, very powerful. I wish we could get this shown in the U.S. I never once saw the PSA with Angela Lansbury shown on television. What's up with that?

Inspired me to create a page dedicated to videos. It was the first video I added :)

Last edited by a moderator:
my 15 yr old said it best,
wow, wow

very moving, I will forward it onward!
never lose faith,
brenda

Very moving I have forwarded it on to some people I know in the Philipines and Australia lets see if the message can get out there...

Can we get this message to everyone.. Let's do it....

You Have to see this viideo...Please

Oh my word I can barley see to type. That video says it all. I can so relate with 15 grandchildren. They love to play with grandpa. That could be me in the picture, except I have a beard. :smile: Had trouble finding the smiley face because of tears, but tears of joy that the word is getting out.
http://www.glossyinc.com/loweroche/als.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back