ktmj

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
Dixie
City
Redneck
I posted about this a few weeks ago but cannot seem to find it. Hate to resurrect this, but does anyone have times when their whole head and face, including jaw, lips, neck, etc. are so tight it feels like your muscles are just gonna rip off?

Occasionally I can feel them spasm or twitch, and yes sometimes my throat and tounge twitch.

If so, what has been your relief if any?

Man I am one weird dude.:lol:

Not, not my whole head, sometimes feels like a vice on my jaws/cheekbones both sides at the same time. Has not happened often. I'm sorry, just don't know what to tell you might help... take care, :lol:

Add this one - recently my lower jaw has started pulling to one side on its own. When I've had enough I can just move it right back over, and it might stay or do it again a few minutes later.:-x Feels like someone is trying to pull my jaw off.

When they test for jaw jerk is that a reflex test?

about a month ago I had this happen. My jaw felt like I could not open it at all. It was so painfull and I took like 800 mg of ibufuron and I went to my mom's with the baby. I just sat on her floor and cried. I could not talk or eat! ANd anyone who know's me, knows that if I am not talking that something is wrong!

IT lasted for the day and happen only one other time and never happen again. It was strange. To be in that much pain and then to have it just go away? Who knows.

PS. I was tested for jaw jerk after this happen and it was neg.?!

hi ktmj

i get the jaw spasms that cause stiffness/pain in my lower jaw and weakness,this causes my facial muscles to go into spasms so my face is tight and spastic.
i have this 90% of the time now so i do understand.
sometimes the spasms effect the throat causing tightness and the voice sounds strangled.
after a year of this my lower jaw is weak and sometimes drops down around the chin area ,i then sound like i have ill fitting dentures in when i try to talk.
i did start with bulbar symptoms over 2yrs ago so all this is slow progressing.
i have tried baclofen and all kinds of other pain relief,nothing helps,i wish i could offer you a solution .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back