Diagnosis
n/a
Country
US
State
mi
City
st.clair shores
hey guys its jenny, i am stil a little scared twitching nonstop now in more place especially legs same place, i no docs have said no als but i think we all here have been told that and then look whats happened. I am trying not to obsess about it ut its so hard also i think iam sluring my words now what is scary. als effects everyone differnt so i no its hard to say. also have there been members who have just twitched for just 5 to 6 months withot other signs then later turned to als? just curious if you guys answer me this last question i promise i wont ask anymore annoying questions. thanks jenny and pleae lagistar dont say i am out of control your scared to. thanks lets play nice

scared of als
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"misdiagnosed
Hello everyone:
I just wanted to write a note and thank everyone that has been supportive over the past 7 months when I was given the ALS diagnosis.
I went to a new hospital and new doctor and was diagnosed as not having ALS but instead an auto immune connective tissue disease. I am still in shock that my nuero gave up and gave me that diagnosis. I asked them if everything had been checked because after all the research on being on this site, I did not think I had it. Of course, my doctors just figured it was denial. I changed my life in those 7 months getting ready. I quit my job, sent my grandchildren back to their mother after raising them for 11 years, made arrangements to send my MR daughter to a residential home and prepared my will and almost sold my house.
I read over and over again on this site that you should always get a 2nd or 3rd opinion and I'm so glad I did.
This scare has taught me a lesson and I'm not going to forget about those who do have ALS and how little people know about this disease.
So bless all of you and thank you again for all the support you showed me\
Sharon " Noted from "All Posts" by "Scared of ALS"

No offense but I'm confused. Are you Jenny or Sharon? Either way I hope you do not have ALS. Peg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back