Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AR
I want to thank everyone to took the time and energy to read this I have had some odd things going on with my body for the last 3 or 4 months It started with my left bicep twitching it did that only a few times I went to bed that night and woke the next morning to both bicep feeling weak and sore like I had been in the gym for the first time a few weeks later my left knee muscle started doing the same thing and it make my leg feel heavier than normal then I started having twitching and cramping and what feels to be lots of fatigue in my legs arm neck back and abs every thing twitches randomly my last place I had twitch and feel heavy was the left side of my face it felt like I was electrocuted in my face I have lots of cramping in my hands as well as with random twitching I can still lift stuff like dog food I have even walked on my tiptoes not for long because of the fatigue in my muscles I went to the dr and got a neuro appointment my ck levels are normal but had one mild ck at 182 all my other labs so far have been ok I passed my neuro exam with a 50/50 and normal reflexes she slap my bicep for what ever reason idk why but nothing happened she did order a emg I guess she wants to ease my mind but ever week I feel weaker than the last lots of joints popping in my arms wrist and legs .

Minnorave, you might want to be checked for Tic Douloureux concerning the sharp electrical shock/pain
you felt on your face. It's a long explanation but comes from pressure where the lower brain connects to the spine.
Keeping it simple. Some of your complaints may somewhat related. Maybe ask at your Neuro appointment
about the face issue. The short term is often... Tic La Rue or Tic Da La Rue.

Last edited:
Please read this carefully

I know you did not already because your post is a lump of text I can't really read. Please use basic punctuation and paragraphs.

I only see twitching which should not make you think you are dying. Please talk openly with your doctor.

I'm sorry I'm not the best at writing in fact I hate it I'm not here to be convinced I have als or to be convinced I don't I just wanted to try to tell what's going on with me the best I could bc I'm scared.

It's very scary to be able to do something and Have twitching and the next day you can't run bc your left knee feels like jello I have alot of cramping in my body each of my arms feels heavy and legs I don't in no way want to make anyone angry.

Twitching and cramping and feeling weak is scary because of what you read about on the websites. All my dr will tell me is that i dont look like someone with als he will never explain to me exactly why, i feel like the muscles in my body are shrinking, Again thank you to everyone who takes the time to try to help me.

I am sorry you are scared. Having a normal neurological exam should have been very reassuring. Let is know what the emg show but try not to worry in the meantime

Thank you for using some punctuation. It is not about making people angry, it is about allowing us to read what you are saying easily so we can respond and help.

I can hear how scared you are, but searching the internet is truly not going to help as you will just scare yourself more. You can't believe most of what comes up on a google search, seriously. The more you search the more you will find.

The reason you don't look like someone with ALS is because you don't have the hallmark symptoms and doctors know how to find those on examination. You think you do because you used the internet. That doesn't mean you do. Cramping and feeling like jello and twitching are very common for a huge range of reasons, and those things alone are not ALS. Just like having a headache is not what will diagnose you with a brain tumour.

Please let us know the EMG results, but be prepared to believe them and then ask your doctor to help you with your fears, and with your basic health in the areas of sleep, nutrition, hydration, exercise and mindfullness. Whatever is going on can be helped.

Addition - did you carefully read the post I gave you a link to? It is far better to return and keep reading that, than to play with google.

Done emg today neurologist said everything was normal

As we all suspected. Congrats! Now, please leave this forum and be ever so grateful for this news. A request, please- do not come back with new perceived symptoms or asking if the EMG was done too early. Take this news for exactly what it is- you DON'T have ALS. Yay!

Good luck to you and take good care.

Brilliant - log off here now, block this site and work with your PCP to get back to full health. I'm thrilled for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back