Diagnosis
09/2008
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Waterloo
I am so depressed, I am stuck at work and my husband is at home by himself, he is having a very bad day today, lots of cramps in his legs and thighs, started up very severe last night and have kept going today. Anyone know of anything that might provide some relief?

Hi Shelly. Is your husband on Baclofen or Quinine? They both help with cramps. Some of the people here drink Tonic water because it has quinine in it. I found I couldn't drink enough to help me. His GP could prescribe either drug.

AL.

Thanks, Al

I read somewhere on here about faygo pop having quinine in it? We are willing to try anything at this time.......I am calling his PCP about the scripts right now

Shelly- it must be hard to work and worry about your DH. I hope the script comes through right away. Cramps are no fun!

Well guess what, Eddie's PCP wouldn't give him a prescription, said he needed to come into the emergency room for further testing on his heart! be checked for low Potassium, Lord have mercy, I thought we were actually getting somewhere with the PCP, Eddie just had a complete blood work up last week, and everything was normal, Cardiologist said everything normal. Sometimes I wonder if they just want the $2500 that the ER will charge, so the evening wears on and the cramps continue along with weakness in the legs, which is a pretty new symptom for Eddie. I can't wait til Tuesday when we can go talk with someone who might be interested in finding out what the problem really is. Oh well church was really nice this evening. Keep smiling and Praying everyone

Try the tonic water or if you have a health food store nearby, give them a call and see if they have anything that might help.

AL.

Hyland's Leg Cramps with Qunine

Hello
I am taking an OTC pill from Hyland's called "Leg Cramps with Quinine": "Homeopathic, Safe to take with other medications, Calms calf and foot cramps, No side effects." Read more at www.hylands.com

Take 1-2 tablets daily or as needed. (I take one daily and seems to help.)

We found it at WalMart, though it may be cheaper still from www.drugstore.com.

Not sure if it would give immediate relief. Wish you well! :)
Utility Man

Sorry utility man. Your post had a link so it took a while to approve it. Had company for dinner.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back