Has anyone ever had a broken bone post diagonsis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahg

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
New Mexico
City
Albuquerque
I was injured at my home this last Wednesday. My parents were bathing me in a walk in shower and an accident happened. I slipped out of my father's arms and onto the shower floor. My lower left leg and ankle are broken. I have fiberglass cast from my knee down. The orthopedic doctor will be changing the cast in four weeks. I'm still on bed rest most of the time and I'm a bit miserable not being out moving around in my wheelchair. My parents are doing a great job making sure I don't get sores or anything. My father feels quite bad. I was just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences post diagnosis?

Sara, I'm sorry to hear this. You don't have to stay in bed for 4 weeks, do you? Maybe you can be up sooner than that. I hope.

Have you guys considered using a gait belt? Our medical staff never told us about them, but they look easy. There's some youtube videos on it.

My PALS fell and broke his hand. That event inspired him start using the walker.

Feel better sweetie.

Sara, I'm sorry to hear this. You don't have to stay in bed for 4 weeks, do you? Maybe you can be up sooner than that. I hope.

Have you guys considered using a gait belt? Our medical staff never told us about them, but they look easy. There's some youtube videos on it.

My PALS fell and broke his hand. That event inspired him start using the walker.

Feel better sweetie.

I don't have to stay in bed for four weeks. The doctor just wants me to rest for a week.

oh Sara! that must have been very scary!

>oh Sara! that must have been very scary!

uh oh ... Sara-with-an-H, Meg!

Falls are my worst fear. Even if you think you are taking all of the precautions. Some thing so simple can be overlooked.

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back