Has anyone else been bounced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grampal

Hi guys. I tried to get on line last night and today and it would not take my password or username. Has this happened to anyone else? I'll try to get my old identity back on Monday. Just because I'm not using my home computer shouldn't make a difference and to make matters worse I have had a raging headache since Mon. when they tried to do a lumbar puncture on me 4 times and still didn't get any fluid. And before anyone says it . No it does not make me a spineless ba-tard. Al.

Hi AL,
This hasnt happened to me recentlly but about 6 or 7 months ago it did. I couldnt get back on until I wrote the forum a letter and they gave me some weird concoction of numbers to put in and then I got my identy back. Technology Huh? Sorry to hear about your headache that can be a real pain in the a** and we would never ever think of you as spineless!
Kim ALS About Loving Someone

I was having some problems a couple of days ago with this site. It wouldn't let me on. This happened to me once before too. I don't know what I did, but the next day everything seemed to be working fine. As for the headache...I hate it when that happens. I have been having some head problems too. I get a little light headed, get a headache, and feel yucky. It happens every month, and my docs think it has something to do with being a woman if you know what I mean. Probably not the same thing that you have AL. Hope the headache goes away!
Dana

hi,
al, whats a lumbar puncture for.
i did not lose my identity, but had problems like dana.
it might be fun to lose our idenities for awhile, dont u think. i would like to be laura bush for a few days. as far as headaches, women have them for another reason, dont believe it guys.
dar in ohio

The lumbar puncture is used check the pressure and a few components of the fluid to see if any are off. If the fluid is clear it is good, sort of. If it is cloudy then you may have something other than ALS. It is basically another test to rule out other things that could be neurological. Apparently I am showing lower neuron involvement and not upper involvement. This could be a sign (?) of something else.
They get you to lay on your side in the fetal position and stick a large (at least it felt large) and Lee said it was, in your spine and try to suck out some spinal fluid. They tried 4 times and then quit with no fluid. They apparently must have nicked the cord and hence the headache. It finally went away today.
I'm not seeing anyone's avatars yet so I guess things aren't normal yet.

Hi Al,
More questions. Are you saying that they think you might not have ALS, or that you may have ALS and something else?
The lower neuron involvement and lack of involvement in the upper-was that detected with an EMG?
This is interesting. Thanks for answering our questions.
Leah (Granny)

They aren't being too specific yet. They are saying" there may be more here than meets the eye" Yes the EMG and nerve conduction tests were done and I'm not sure which one showed the anomoly. Still waiting to hear back from tthe Hosp. to get the lumbar again this time under X-ray. That way they can see where the needles are going.

Looks like I am back with my real identity. Thanks to David for fixing things up. Al. aka Grampal.

Look out ladies, Al is back. Maybe you should suggest a magnifying glass for them to find the correct spot

Actually my cardiologist told me last week that some of the Doctors performing the puncture have you bend too far around and this will close up the bones on the inner side. Makes sense to me. More than the guy telling me larger people are harder to do.

hi AL
i had the lumbar puncture done, doesnot tickle. also had a bone marrow done that is even worse where they take a corkscrew instrument and take out some bone marrow.this is all to rule out other diseases. sometimes i wish it was something else other than ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back