Has Anybody Here Seen My Old Friend ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Robin. I am Allen's wife and am happy to give updates.

Allen's sons had been coming to live with us for a month at a time to provide his care. They helped us for 2 1/2 years. With their help, I was able to work full time and to keep us insured. Earlier this month, I was hospitalized. That was the last straw for his sons. They were no longer able to help. I cannot manage his care alone. We had to make an urgent transfer to the local hospice home. The transition has been very challenging. Allen has internet service and will be back on the boards soon. We are trying to figure out what is next for us in providing his care.

We appreciate all of your concern and prayers.

I asked about Pumpdoc ages ago--it's been quite a while since they were on. I don't know about Christopher. I really wanted him to see his dream of seeing his poems published. I never got that email, and sent him several messages about them. I was afraid something had happened.

Same with Al :( When I posted the other day on the other forum--I was so afraid it wasn't good news. Now, with Allen I'm glad Robin has given us an update. Knowing him, I'd figure he'd be going nuts about now with no computer to keep him busy. Robin--can his insurance pay for a home caregiver to come in for Allen? God, I wish my hands worked! I'd drive up there and help you with him myself. I just can't think of Allen in Hospice. My mind won't go there. He's taught me so much about how to answer in the Do I Have section. I was here at least two months before I realized he'd carefully cultivated that 'fogey' attitude.

The more people that pass -- the more worried I get when someone is missing for a day or two. I dreaded checking the forums yesterday. I was terrified that something had happened to Al.

How bout rose? I had a visitor message form her not too long ago--but has anyone heard from her? I did see that olly had posted in Al's thread. I was getting worried about her, too.

We really need a phone chain. Isn't there some way to get one? I remember Al saying he'd tried to call me when I was gone. (Which is why I posted in the rant thread that I'll be away a while likely starting today or Monday)

I've never spoken with David--but with Richard and now Al being gone--our Mods are gone :( Just too sad. I open this forum every day now and just dread who I'll see has lost the battle. I think i have to think of it instead as a new and better challenge for them. I can't get Al's smile out of my mind--and that's a good thing. I know Richard's loss hit him hard--as it did the rest of us, since it was so unexpected. The same with Al. A newspaper article a month ago to this now. Too darn quick.

Last edited:
I had a message from Rose that she had visitors over the holiday that extended into the week and then she was going on a brief getaway herself. She answered a question I had posted to her 'quickly' as she knew she wold be out of touch for a bit and didn't want to leave me wondering about my inquiry.

Patty,

Marypat pmed me and said Chistopher has been posting on F B. But the stomach problems may not be a good thing. I believe from hernia to cancer, I'm praying for relief. Try contacting him or have Marypat contact him.

Marypat,

Will you let Chistopher know we were thinking of him? Thank you.

Robin,

Hope you work out all of those kinks. We need our daily dose of Tr. I know my withdrawal has been rough. I pray you are feeling better.

Very strange. I can't get the facebook page he gave me to work. Glad someone has heard from him.

I was one of the people who set PCR straight also and I'm sorry I did. I looked at his fb page and he has written another poem just today, he also mentions being in a hospice. I had no right being so abrupt and will message an apology. I hope all is ok with him.

Lassie,

We all have on one or more occasions, suffered from foot in mouth di se ase. Its easy to do but harder to get out of. That's what's so nice about here, there is always someone here to help you get your foot out of your mouth and then use it to kick you in the butt. Some people are very sensitive. There was a time, that if you looked at me wrong, I would cry. Now, I probably would just Be yotch slap you and ask what you're looking at (JK). We all mellow eventually.

I know this now my friend, thank you for writing, and more so for caring, that in itself means a lot. I’m ok just now thanks to the hospice I’ve been in for over a week. I was so ill I thought it was my end

With the passing of so many of our friends, it occurred to me this morning that our little group here is much like our family. It was so strange when, a year or two ago, the last of the generation before me in my family passed, and I realized 'we are the older generation now.' it's up to us to see that this torch is passed from us to the next generation, as Al, Richard, Ann and so many who have come before us would want. We are the torchbearers! Let's make them proud...

Susan, that was very profound. I agree.

and they gave us the tools to do that, compassion, wisdom,levelheadness, a wicked sense of humor, the occasional terse, sarcastic or sardonic commentant patience and the knowledge that you can contribute and be a valued member of life. to know when to not suffer fools gladly. Thanks guys

I've learned things from each person we've lost in the last few months. I've been here over a year know--and so many from when I joined are now gone :( It just makes me sad.

One thing Allen wrote to me once in a PM was that he hoped I'd be a good help in the DO I HAVE section. I'll be here as long as I think I can be some help--he seemed to think I would be, and I'll keep it up in his honor.

Richard was always so sweet and had a kind word...I miss him so much. Al was a teddy bear with a growl--but it was so obvious he loved everyone here.

Marypat, if you could check on Chistopher for me, I would appreciate it. Or you could pm me his F B add and I can send him a note. Thanks so much.

There's another family member that has not been heard from in a long time. Her name is Becky/Odiva. She was moving north to Minnesota to be near family. I know she was having technology set up problems, but its been months! If anyone out there can help, please post.

Thanks so much.

Jaws is hanging in there. I see him on p l m.

Oh, thanks Marta. I've wondered about him for a long time. I can barely keep this one stra ight, how do others do so many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back