happy victoria day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisher

gday gday... it has been awhile since i have been around. Been one hell of a 6 weeks. Losing control of whats left of my left hand, symptons are spreading to my trunk and i'm losing my tongue so speech is very difficult. My computer will no longer reccogize my voice so its very hard to type ( have my daughter typing this ) LOL the only good thing is that my daughter and my grandson have come to stay with us for awhile.

Weather is getting nice around here so i spend as much time outside as possible looking forward to sunny days on my deck ( always have an eye open for red string bikinis ) LOL

Had a lift put in to save Lindas back

Good to hear from everyone so keep posting so i have someting to read LOL

Hope that everyone has a great Victoria Day Weekend

Hear from everyone soon.

Hi Fisher:
... yes it's been awhile. Too bad this hasn't been such a great weekend to sit out on the deck. There's been so much rain that I'm starting to hear the grass grow... or maybe it's just the black flies.

I do hope that you are able to control a camera with whatever you have left... we'll be waiting impatiently for Carol's red stringed bikini to be posted... I suppose that we should keep this fairly clean for your daughter's sake though.

Hang in there... the weather is improving toward the end of the week and nothing is better than a beer (one of the food groups) on the deck and if have a tube installed don't let anybody tell you you can't have a beer... even if you have to wear some of it!

CHeers

Hey Fisher and T-Bear, 8)

How are things with you both? Man, did I stir up a can of worms when I said I would wear that red string bikini, so Fisher would know who I was. Well........ I have changed my mind, and I will a black leather one ! ha.... did that shock ya? Good. Actually, you know its me, by the hat I will be wearing ha.... Man, i better stop now or you guys will think that I am a naughty girl.lol Anyway, good to hear that your doing okay Fisher. I hope that you will continue through the summer to feel good. Henry is having a feeding tube put in on June 14. Do you have one? How is it? Any complications from it at all? He was not going to do it, but at the last minute decided to go for it. His lung capacity is down to 40% , so he does not have a lot of energy for eating, and what he does have he is wasting by trying to eat. Do you guys have any adivce for me and Henry? I would greatly appreciate any input at all. I have been working, working, working. Have to make a living, you know. But, I still have time for family and for me too. Very little mind you, but still a little is better than none at all. I am going to get a big jacuzzi installed in my bedroom this summer , can't wait. Lots of bubbles and lots of rest and relaxation. Maybe we will host a party. wow.... anyway, good to hear from you guys, keep smiling, and keep posting. Love to all.....

Carol

Hi Carol:
From my recollections (I'm getting on in years) everything I needed to know was ably handled by the hospital nurses who briefed me on the feeding procedure. The only glitch I had was that, here in the boonies, there wasn't a lot of education in the care community to handle it... so I had to instruct them as well so that she could be fed while I was at work. It's not rocket science... just common sense. I had bigger problems with the professionals (visiting nurses) etc. who insisted that she was unable to enjoy her wine at feeding time (or any time for that matter). Make sure you have a good supply of bags or bottles to hang, and tubes. There is a small trick in getting the liquid into the tube and letting out air that they will show you. After that it's just plug it in and keep an eye on the connection to make sure that it doesn't fall out! A 250 ml can of 300kcal food will likely take about 1/2 hr to drain... and then it's done! Also, if Henry is not mobile, and you have to move him, then be careful of the tube top... it can have a tendency to flip off... at least it did whe I moved my wife and drain some stomach fluid... you'll know if it happens. Good luck to you guys and enjoy the break.
As for the black leather string bikini... do you really expect us to notice if you're wearing a hat?

Hey hey hows it going? Not to worry, black leather is fine with me. Lol
Sorry that i can't help with any info about feed tubes ( don't have one)
I will be asking you for infomation about them in due time.

Don't worry about the daughter being offended. She can handle just about anything. LoL Finally got some sunshine after a couple days of rotten weather. Hope to get outside to enjoy

Carol, good luck with all that is going on.

See everyone soon!

Hey Guys,

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers, we go to London tommorrow to have feeding tube put in. Henry is a little apprehensive, and I am just plain scared to death. I am so stressed out about this, but in the long run it will help us out big time. Just think of us on Monday, as we enter yet, another phase of this als thing. Hope everyone is okay, and enjoying the nice summer weather. Love to all.

Carol and Henry

Hi Fisher

Fisher my name is Karen and I met you at the University Hospital on Tuesday when I was there with Richard. This is all new to me, we have just known each other for a short time, and have fallen in love. I am scared of what is in store, and worry if we can handle upcoming situations, but they say love prevails so hopefully that is true. We are considering moving in together, he lives in Windsor and I in London. It would be closer for him, and I am looking into social activities for him to get while I am at work. He needs to keep up his exercises and try to keep the healthy muscles he has. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello...looking forward to visiting from time to time. Take care... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back