Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Just wanted to wish y'all and your PALS a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow will be a busy day and I hope each of you will be able to spend time with friends and family.

I found this when searching for the "thankful turkey" project to make with my son:

"The three- and four-year-old kids at the Training Station came up with more great Thanksgiving stuff. They made turkeys out of construction paper, and each feather finished the sentence: “I’m thankful to God for…” Lots of them listed their parents, grandparents, and siblings. Some of the best:

* pink
* mac & cheese
* babies
* apples & pop tarts
* elephants
* yellow & red monster trucks
* doodle bops
* french fries with ketchup
* tigers & horses
* cows
* Mr. Potato Head
* cheetahs
* kitties
* Cinderella
* ponies
* God
* sand & dump trucks
* robots
* everything
* Chinese food
* giraffes & hippopotamuses
* helicopters
* firetrucks
* crabs
* camels
* all the food
* Buzz Lightyear
* chicken nuggets
* toys
* baby dolls
* Barbie house
* purple & green

And my favorite…

* my pretend dog"

If we could only see the world through the eyes of children!

Last edited:
Hi

That is cute! I was going to start a post to wish all a very Happy Thanksgiving!, but I will continue here. Happy Turkey Day! Fondly, Beebe

Hi everyone! Well, I've made 2 pies, 2 loaves of bread and greenbeans, got the table set and all the serving dishes out and ready to go for tomorrow. So I thought I'd take a minute and join in to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I also made pies- maybe for the last time as the rolling pin didn't seem to want to cooperate. LOL. Seems even my kitchen utensils have a mind of their own, never mind my body! :-D I told DH that next year we'll oder a pre-cooked turkey and fixins but today, I was baking and singing and reminding everybody that this is really the best holiday.

Plus my daughter came over with more pies! She is so caring and wanted to help somebody who has just opened a bakerey and did not get many customers so my girl bought a couple of pies to make her friend feel better. We spent the evening guessing how big the baby will be-she's huge at just 5 months, and planning what charities to volunteer for in 2008. Thanksgiving really is one of the best holidays. I hope everybody here has a great day and if you need pie-we've got extra! :-D Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back