Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
VA
City
Poquoson
Darcey and I start each morning with hugs and cuddling. Today she said, "Happy day before Thanksgiving!" With tears in her eyes, she continued to comment as to how, a year earlier, she was pretty certain she wasn't going to see the holidays come around ever again. "But here we are... I made it!" And the smile on her face was something special to behold.

Tomorrow, we'll cook up two turkeys to take to our family gathering at Mom's house. Darcey won't be doing the cooking, but she will supervise... and my son Jim, daughter Connie and I will act as her hands. Dad will not join us this year other than in spirit. Darcey's brother and his family won't be joining us as they'll be in New York (niece Emily is in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade with her fellow UVA band members). But we'll still have a pretty good crew to celebrate the day and all the many things we have to be grateful for.

So, from our family to yours... and to the many of you who are our extended family, here in these forums... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! We hope you are able to find as much to be thankful for as we do.

Jim & Darcey

Thanks, Jim. Right back atcha. --Mike

Darcey is such an amazing inspiration, have a wonderful holiday period together!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Happy thanks giving to all those who celebrate it, I am thankful for all of you and the wonderful family you have become.
With love and hugs Gem

Happy Thanksgiving to all and if you don't celebrate it, happy Thursday. Jim and Darcey you both are such inspiration. I am thankful for all of you!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, and if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, then just Blessings to you.

Jim that's beautiful.
One of my favourite things I've seen on this site (besides Heidi growling at Matt on the floor :)) is of Darcey dancing with your son.
We have so many things to be thankful for, but don't think about them in that way, on a daily basis.

Being from the wrong part of the world, you could say I'm a Thanksgiving atheist.
Reading all the wonderful posts here, written by people with more problems than should be allowed, makes me think it is totally worth being thankful everyday.

I truly hope all my beautiful American friends had a wonderful day full of love, happiness...and thanksgiving.

God bless, Janelle x

PS sorry Jim, but just which state is VA? J x

Green Queen,

Darcey dancing with son Jim was indeed a wonderful moment. I'm glad I had the good sense to take out my phone and capture it. I read your post to Darcey and she smiled broadly at the memory your comment brought back.

VA is the abbreviation for Virginia. We are on the eastern seaboard of the Atlantic Ocean... the area being generally termed "Mid-Atlantic".

And thank you for the wishes... it was a wonderful day with family.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back