Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uni
State
Wi
City
Watertown
I just wanted to take a moment and wish everyone Happy Holidays and lets hope that the new year ahead will bring some more breakthroughs towards stopping this dreadful disease in it's tracks!

Yes- let's make 2008 the eyar we find a cure! Cindy

Happy Holidays,

Cindy, i'll toast to that!

My husband and I would also like to wish everyone a wonderful christmas. When I was a little girl I used to get so excited about santa claus, I remember making my little list and handing it to my mother. She would smile at me and promised me santa would recieve it in time for christmas. The years have past and every christmas I chuckle because I now make a list but it is the grocery list but I do have a christmas wish, with all my heart I wish for a christmas miracle for all who are suffering with this horrible disease and their families. I wish with all my heart that santa arrives with the most beautiful gift ever recieved by anyone, the gift of a cure. I know I am not that little girl anymore who once wanted a doll, a sled or a bike. I am now the woman who wants my loved one to be able to ride a bike again, climb on a sled and go for the best ride down the hill and just be able to hug again. My husband wish you all a wonderful christmas and please know you are all in our hearts and we hope and wish for a christmas miracle for ALS. I would like like to say thank you, you are all a wonderful and kind group of people. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Merry Christmas to you as well, Hope, and your DH also. You are in my heart and my thoughts tonight. Regards, Cindy

Wow Hope,

You bought tears to my eyes......I couldnt have said it better myself..............Dito.from me

Merry Christmas to all PALS, CALS, and anyone else on here..........

Especially Al, Cindy and Dave.......Altough there is no cure as yet you have offered a lot of people comfort, peace , understanding, support and a heck of a lot of information.

Thanks for all that you do to make this Forum a wonderful place to be when we need it

Merry Christmas all

Thanks Cathy

Dear Santa

Hi all and Merry Xmas. I wanted to share the following letter written to Santa by my son. It was written on Dec 4, 1992. I thought it was worth sharing. He got 4/5 marks at school.

"Dear Santa:
Hi, how are you doing? I am doing o.k., I guess. It has been a whole year since the last time I spoke with you. We should keep in better contact.

So how's things up in the north. Aroung here, it has snowed a few times. One time there was so much snow, so my friends and I had snowball fights and went to the hills and had wars on G.T.'s. As a matter of fact, it is snowing as I am writing this letter.

I don't know if you remember, but today is my birthday. You probably remembered didn't you!

This year I hope to see Super Nintendo, Street Fighter, and a walkman under my tree. I also want my dad to get a new job that actually pays him on a regular basis! I also want my aunt to have the best Christmas ever and live the rest of her life in peace. She is dying from A.L.S., known as Lou Gerigs illness. And I also want my grandma to also have a great, first Christmas in heaven. She also died recently from A.L.S.

Thanks for reading my letter!

Your friend.

I also want my aunt to have the best Christmas ever and live the rest of her life in peace.

There is not much elsde to wish for other than this, is there. Out of the mouths of babes...You son sounds liek a wonderful young man. Hope he gets all his wishes. Cordially, Cindy

WOW,what a beautifull letter your son had written,brought tears to my eyes!Just a reminder of how als affects the whole family and how children are no exception.It is hard enough when you are an adult but through a childs eyes it hurts even more.....thankyou so much for sharing! And God Bless you and your family..Gina

Hope your post also brought tears to my eyes.I think that thier is always a child inside of us no matter how old we are .....and like our children we wish for miracles and wishes to come true at this time of year especially!It is just so hard to be an adult sometimes but i think our inner child hurts just as much! and we need to nuture and comfort that little girl or boy inside as well!Thankyou for sharing and i hope this makes sense to you!prayers and hugs....Gina

.What a beautiful letter! God bless us all!

Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back