Diagnosis
07/2012
Country
US
State
CT
City
Niantic
Another Christmas with ALS. Wonderful neighbors and friends and my Pals still able to sit somewhat and play Left Right Center and we left having won two of the pots!
Attended another holiday party and met anther couple, husband in his fifties about 8 months in with ALS. His speech very affected. His legs good, similar to Phil. We had heard of him through mutual friends. We were having a general introductory conversation and I just started to cry. I felt like such an idiot. My heart just broke for he and his wife. I hate not having control. I can be just fine most of the time and when I least expect it I get a case of the waterworks. We all just hugged and moved on. I know it was hard for them to see Phil who is so much more advanced in his illness. Hopefully encouraging for them to know we are still out and about enjoying friends and life. And so it goes....
To everyone "peace on Earth, Good will to all"

Merry Christmas to you as well. My dad has ALS. He moved to Texas to a assisted living facility near my brother and sister. I haven't seen him since labor day and am going January 2 to see him. I can't wait. Take care, Kim

Wow, I am proud of you and your husband for going out to parties...my husband will not. Yes, it was hard for the other couple to see you guys, but good to--they have to be curious about what is coming. You guys should definitely get together at your home and get to know each other, and you and the other wife should become friends you can really lean on.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a new year!

My husband loves getting out, so we do whenever we can. Went to my sister's for Christmas Eve this year and had my son's and daughter-in-law at our place for Christmas. A young couple from our church brought over an amazing sweet and sour sauce ham all ready to cook for Christmas. She is a chef and they have brought several incredible ready to cook gourmet meals. Our neighbor's little girls from across the street brought Christmas baking that they had done over, and another friend brought moose stew. My daughter in law decorated the house when she got here, and has been cleaning and helping to cook. We are feeling very blessed. My favorite gift was from my son and daughter in law, of a large collage picture with several different shots of Tim & I together. I know it was her idea, and she matched our decor perfectly. It brought tears to my eyes, as we had something similar that I had made up for Tim's apartment in Texas but we had to leave it in storage when I went to pick him up and bring him here. The really cool thing is that they never saw it, and she used the same picture that I did for the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back