Happiness now

Status
Not open for further replies.
JAYNE, WE MUST LEAVE FEAR BEHIND AND PUT UNCONDITIONAL LOVE IN ITS PLACE WE ARE ALAYS EVOLVING, SPIRLING
UPWARDS. YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND ON CYBER SPACE AND I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
~Lao Tzu

Those who make compassion an essential part of their lives find the joy of life. Kindness deepens the spirit and produces rewards that cannot be completely explained in words. It is an experience more powerful than words. To become acquainted with kindness one must be prepared to learn new things and feel new feelings. Kindness is more than a philosophy of the mind. It is a philosophy of the spirit.

~~Robert J. Furey

Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye. ”
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Giving love for no reason will inspire others to love."Perhaps love is the process of my gently leading you back to yourself.

~~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I’ve prayed so much that my existence has become a prayer;
such that now, whomever sees my face remembers a prayer.

~ Rumi

Let us all nurture our new seed of light and love that our children, grandchildren and their grandchildren can reap its rewards
.~Sarah Smith

When you become one with Love, then fear becomes just a strange word without any meaning! ♥
~unknown

You must be willing to lose it all before you can have it all. What does this mean? It means that until you can let go of everything, you will find it hard to hold onto anything."

Neale Donald Walsch

Those who say they wish to change must be willing to change.
There is no transformation without letting go.
One who clings to the past cannot create an open future....
but will create a future based on the past. ~UNKNOWN

Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes.
Because for those who love with heart & soul;
There is no such thing as separation!

~ Rumi ♥

Attachments

• photo elephant cat.jpg
    photo elephant cat.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,047
You are my best friend on cyber space too Sharon, I truly love our conversations and
connection! I love that photo of the elephant reaching for the kitty...you find the best
photos. :)

I love your words about not creating a future based on our past...that is so clear and
true. I LOVE the thought of "fear becoming a strange word with no meaning" WOW!
What an inspiration and the way is love as the writings sing today.

Again, Rumi, his existence being prayer, what words! I see that there are events and
things that bring up old beliefs in me...to be cleared and let go of. Old beliefs, and when
they resurface I remember all these beautiful words and that I am guided and that
the fears are so wrong anyway. Maybe this is just the letting go process. I LOVE reading
the wisdom of letting go. N.D.W. says it beautifully.

I am reading 'Broken Open' by Elizabeth Lesser and love the wisdom there of what really
painful times have to teach and how we become re born into our greater selves. A hero's
journey...

A highlight of my day is praying and sending reiki to you dear Sharon....I always feel elevated
and inspired. I hope that the light of the snow from the Cascades sends you a special blessing
and wink from God. Love you my friend!

JAYNE, I HAD A HORRIBLE NIGHT WITH MY BREATHING. THE NURSES SAY IT TIMES FOR MORPHINE BECAUSE THAT WILL HELP WITH MY BREATHING.. SEND PRAYERS OF HEALING TO ME. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH.

Spread love everywhere you go: First of all in your own house ... kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness.
--Mother Teresa

May I be filled with loving kindness.
May I be well.
May I be peaceful and at ease.
May I be happy.

~~Tibetan Buddhist Prayer

give you my heart. Sometimes I think it's just not enough and then sometimes I know it's everything.~~Terri St. Cloud

We are all part of the same human family. Because we all share an identical need for love, it is possible to feel that anybody we meet, in whatever circumstances, is a brother or sister. All human beings come from a mother's womb. ~Dalai Lama ♥

"If anything matters then everything matters. Because you are important, everything you do is important. Every time you forgive, the universe changes; every time you reach out and touch a heart or a life, the world changes; with every kindness and
service, seen or unseen, my purposes are accomplished and nothing will be the same again."
~~William P. Young

"When your Heart is filled with Love and Joy... a flower, a tree, a butterfly, a blue sky, the stars you've seen a thousand times will take your breath away."~unknown

Love is the key. Joy is love singing. Peace is love resting. Patience is love enduring. Kindness is love's truth. Goodness is love's character. Faithfulness is love's habit. Gentleness is love's self-forgetfulness. Self-control is being the reins.

~~Donald Grey Barnhouse

As you learn to trust yourself once again, you will look at your life and your world from a different perspective and it is important for you to see things from this vantage point as it gives you greater understanding into life the universe and everything.

If you feel there is a standstill or you are unable or unwilling to make a decision, it can be that things are lining up and finding their place for when you are ready to act and take those step. Trust in the Universe, as it trusts in you. [-O<
Sharon Taphorn

"Let nature be your teacher."
~ William Wordsworth

To Love Is to Allow Something
to Flow Through ~ unknown

Attachments

• PHOTO  LOVE.jpg
    PHOTO LOVE.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 874
Dear friend, How are you? I hear the wind outside and send my prayers on it to you, when I
see light reflected off snow and water, I send it to you. You write beautiful words, even as you
are challenged and it is so you Sharon...sharing your light.

I love the thought that everything matters and kind deeds and thoughts effect the energy of
everything. It is true, with love the world looks so new and beautiful. I love the thought that
the universe is lining up for us in difficult times, that is comforting. and peaceful. I see that you
quote Sharon Taphorn often, and she reminds me of you.

I am thankful that you stay in touch with me Sharon, it means so much to me. You are one
of those special people~so soulful and inspiring and real. I love knowing you and I am so
grateful for our dialogue. I will check in later today to see how you are....

Much Love! Jayne

JAYNE, THANK YOU FOR YOU KIND AND LOVING WORDS. THEY MEAN SO MUCH TO ME! KEEP THOSE HEALING PRAYERS COMING MY WAY. YOU ARE AN INSPIRITATION TO ME TOO! LOVE YOU MUCH.

We have come into this exquisite world to experience ever and ever more deeply our divine courage, freedom and light.

_( ♥ )_ Hafiz

When you consciously choose your responses to life, you purposefully create the life you desire. Most of us are not taught to consciously respond to life's events.
Rather, we usually react automatically to what happens in our lives. When you only react to the events in your life, you create a lifestyle predicated on external circumstances.
When you plan for and choose your responses, you recapture your birthright to design and engineer your own lifestyle according to your individual preferences and desires. In other words, you take charge of the nature and quality of your life. By doing so, you create, or at least powerfully influence, your personal destiny~~LISA ANDERSON

"When you choose to perceive Love over fear, life begins to flow."
"By placing the magnifying glass on your ego's dark illusions, you weaken its strength."
"Sometimes your higher self will guide you to make mistakes so you can learn lessons."

- Gabrielle Bernstein

When you choose to perceive Love over fear, life begins to flow. You feel peaceful and you see Love in all situations. Your hang-ups subside and your life feels guided.

Gabrielle Bernstein

Fear is what blocks us from experiencing miracles. I Love the acronym for FEAR - F Everything And Run... Fear makes us play small and blocks our capacity to experience miracles. .... What has gone wrong is that we've chosen fear over Love and therefore disconnected from our capacity to live a miraculous life.

Gabrielle Bernstein

Seek God in purity. Let all thoughts, words, and actions,
become pure reflections of your soul.
All who seek purity will find it,
for each is evolving toward it as they seek the light.

Julie Redstone

Find your own genuine inner peace
& with the strength of that peace
you can truly change your world!
~ Ralph Marston

"Sanctify every thought, word, and action. Let every gesture of your hands be a reaching out to God." ~~UNKNOWN

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and along these fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects.

~~Henry Melvill

The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

~~Mother Teresa

Attachments

• PHOTO AUTUMN TREES.jpg
    PHOTO AUTUMN TREES.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 475
Dear Sharon, You have my prayers and I am so with you my soul~friend! The readings today
really weave the thought of choosing your response to life so beautifully! The line "by
placing a magnifying glass on the ego's dark illusions" is so illuminating! It is so brave!

And the thought to let our gestures reach for God...this is so you Sharon! This is my
intention too. I feel it with Reiki and prayer, how elevated I feel. It reminds me too
of the Shakers who devote their work to God and I just love the energy of that.

I love how you quote M. T about it being between us and God anyway. It really helps
get the ego's fears out. The words of G. Bernstein really touched me, the acronym
about fear really made me think, I have known it both ways...the "False Evidence
Appearing Real" and I so appreciate the reminder today.

I am so elevated by your wisdom and how you continue to shine your light Sharon. I am
so grateful to have crossed paths with you~it shows me how guided I am!

Love you dear friend....will check in later and send lots of love and prayers!

JAYNE, HOW INSPIRING YOU ARE...I CONTINUE TO WALK ON THE PATH OF BEAUTY, JOY, AND UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!Good Morning and what a beautiful morning it is :) the sun is shining the air is chilly it gives you a burst of energy ..So grateful for the feeling of Joy and Love ♥ For the simplicity of all ♥ So Grateful for what is all unfolding around us ♥ Thank you for all that I have and all that I AM ♥

Be sure to not let fear get in your way or be your dominant thought as this is often the very hurdle that stands in your way. Take the time to really look deeply and make your choices and decisions for yourself from the broader perspective of you.
Sharon Taphorn

To live in freedom one must let go of inner constraints.
These constraints sometimes exist in the mind
and sometimes exist in the body.

To change the inner picture, a new energy is needed.
Let your body become a sacred vessel of light.

Julie Redstone

Love is the Food of Life and the World is Starving. Who will be the First to Share their Love and begin to Nourish the Earth.

MicHEAL Teal

Perhaps the most important thing we bring to another person is the silence in us, not the sort of silence that is filled with unspoken criticism or hard withdrawal. The sort of silence that is a place of refuge, of rest, of acceptance of someone as they are. We are all hungry for this other silence. It is hard to find. In its presence we can remember something beyond the moment, a strength on which to build a life. Silence is a place of great power and healing .

~~ Rachel Naomi Remen

I've been looking for a long, long time, for this thing called love,
I’ve ridden comets across the sky, and I’ve looked below and above.
Then one day I looked inside myself, and this is what I found,
A golden sun residing there, beaming forth God’s light and sound.

~~Rumi

Today let something extraordinary happen
that will change our life forever; let everything
we do and say be an expression of the beauty
in our heart, always based on love.

~~ Don Miguel Ruiz

Just when you thought you had nothing more to give, you allowed yourself to BE, and you bloomed into the most beautiful soul.

~~ Shari Alyse

Be watchful ..
the grace of God appears suddenly,
It comes without warning to an open heart.

~~ Rumi ~

I'm a little pencil in the hands of God who is scripting his love letter to the world.

- Mother Teresa –

Just like a phoenix rises from the ashes renewed and reborn... you have the power to rise above any situation that weighs you down. Your strength lies within you. —unknown

To reach out with love, to do your best and not be so concerned with results or outcomes—that's the way to live. ~ Dr. Brian Weiss

Ingrid Bergman said that, and it is so true. Memories,

of course, bring up moments that are past, whereas

happiness is always found in the moment that is here,

now.

Attachments

• photo Golden Heart.jpg
    photo Golden Heart.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 6,613
My friend, I am always amazed at the new writings each day, so abundant! I have met many great
writers here and I am so grateful for that! The magic of Rumi's words: "The grace of God appears suddenly..."
I have had those moments and the reminder that they come to an open heart!

I love the phoenix metaphor too and have seen many symbols of this lately~especially in books or
in conversation. Someone asked recently, what things need to be put in the fire to allow your rising.
I love the image of throwing fears on the fire of cleansing.

I see that today you quote Brian Weiss, I loved his books. Have you read them? I read something
inspirational before bed each night, and then review my day, thinking of where I offered love,
where I moved beyond a fear and "let something extraordinary happen" as D.M.R. says.

Love the heart over the ocean, love the readings and inspiration. I love sending reiki to you Sharon,
it feels so peaceful. I visual you with the Cascades shining in with beautiful light. Thank you for
being you dear friend!

JAYNE, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HEALING PTAYERS THEY STRENGTHEN ME. I LIKE THE METAPHOR OF THE PHOENIX TOO. AND RUMI ALWAYS ENLIGHTEN ME WITH HIS WORDS OF WISGOM. LOVE YOU MUCH DEAR FRIEND!

Worry looks ahead but faith looks up." ~~unknown

It is only with true love and compassion
that we can begin to mend
what is broken in the world.
It is these two blessed things
that can begin to heal all broken hearts.

~~Steve Maraboli

Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground. Let their spirit ignite a fire within you to leave this world better than when you found it...”

~~Wilfred Peterson

Get out into the sunlight—out where everything is—with a vibration that is so dominant that those who annoy you, those who don't agree with you, those who make your life feel uncomfortable, don't come into your experience, because your vibration—through your practice—has become so clear, so pure, so clean, so in keeping with what you want, that the world that revolves around you just feels like that. That's what you planned.

~~ Abraham Hicks

At the end of life, what really matters is
not what we bought but what we built;
not what we got but what we shared;
not our competence but our character;
and not our success, but our significance.
Live a life that matters.
Live a life of love.

~~Unknown Author

When we are no longer able to change a situation,
we are challenged to change ourselves.

~~Viktor Frankl

To see darkness in another is easy. To see it in oneself is a gift.
The ego does not wish to see deficits in the self. Only the soul is wise enough to see past present limitation to the goodness that lies within.~~unknown

Happiness is always found in the moment that is here, now. Happiness has been sent to you in advance by God. It is here, in this moment, if you will seize it...and share it. —

Neale Donald Walsch

What I want in my life is compassion, a flow between myself and others based on a mutual giving from the heart."

-- Marshall B. RosA

"When we experience the pain of another person, we instinctively want to take away that pain. But by taking away the other person’s pain, we also take away his or her opportunity to grow. To be truly compassionate, we must be able to share ...another person’s suffering and pain -- knowing there is nothing we can do to relieve it and that we are not responsible for it, and yet knowing and understanding what that pain feels like."

-- John Gray

I walk into the future and mystery with my face into the sun ...I let go of my detachments .......I AM right here Right Now ....Remembering with the Light of my Soul ~unknown

The answer, strangely enough, is in the simple words – here and now. If you could be here and now; if you could for one moment turn off your mind, you wouldn't have to be evaluating, categorizing, thinking about it, putting it away in stora...ge units, analyzing the words to make sure you understand them.

You could just let them go through you and you'd understand them all because there is nothing I’m saying to you where there isn’t a place in you that already knows it.

Ram Das

Let us cultivate love and compassion, both of which give life true meaning. This is what I preach. It is simple. The temple is the heart. The teaching is love and compassion. The moral values are loving and respecting others, whoever they may be. Whether one is a lay person or a monastic, we have no other option if we wish to survive in this world.

~ Dalai Lama

Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.”
― Rumi

I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.
Whoever brought me here will have to take me home.”
― Rumi

“But listen to me. For one moment
quit being sad. Hear blessings
dropping their blossoms
around you.”
― Rumi

Attachments

• PHOTO  PRAYER LOTUS.jpg
    PHOTO PRAYER LOTUS.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
I love your words on faith "looking up" instead of worry, just love the visual of that, and
knowing that my answers come from there! And the Rumi words, such elegance and deep
grace! His words that the universe is within us are so renewing.

It is so true about how easy it is to see darkness in others and what a perception shift to
see the gift in seeing our own. This is a liberating idea. I have been going through what
seems to be a deep cleanse, seeing things that I wish to transform and I AM. It has taken
courage and faith. I see too how I can only compare myself to myself and then I feel
the blessing of this journey. So much of what I wish to transform are my thoughts and
seeing my progress is rewarding.

Thank you for the reminders to be present, and that is where I am happy and noticing all
the blessings. It feels so renewing to remember this! I love the Abraham words to just
be in the light so much that the darkness isn't invited. I feel that often in meditation and
reiki and when I am really light~filled with my thoughts. It really is within us as Rumi says.

Again Sharon, thank you so deeply for sharing your light and wisdom! I feel happy just thinking
of you and I am ever grateful to know you my friend!

JAYNE, YOU ARE SO INSPIRING WITH YOUR WORDS....NOT TO COMPARE YOURSELF WITH OTHERS...ONLY YOU AND YOUR JOURNEY, THATS ONE OF THE KEYS TO HAPPINESS NOW. LOVE YOU MUCH JAYNE!

We All Are Spirits of Eternal Life

Death visits us all sooner or later.
And our physical bodies rust away.
But invisible to our physical eye is
... our true and original form,
which is spiritual in nature.
And our spirits keep living,
eyes,
but felt
with the heart."~ unknown author

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
~~ Anne Frank

Giving brings happiness at every stage of its expression.

- The Buddha

Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love.
The real miracle is the love that inspires them.
In this sense everything that comes from love is a miracle.~~UNKNOWN

I am living the fullness of my souls desires in each moment ....forever bonded with the world in the passion of Oneness ~unknown

Like a stream that becomes blocked and finds a new way to flow. Look around and see what is being offered to you and be grateful for what you have. Don't give up. Have courage and keep going. A bit of self-discipline and willpower might be called for, as it will be worth it to see your dreams and desires manifesting before you. Look at what you have and all that you have already done and created and be proud of yourself. Believe in yourself and know you have the talents and the skills to be successful in what you choose and receive the rewards that you seek.
Sharon Taphorn

And we pray, not for new
earth or heaven, but to be quiet
in heart, and in eye clear.
What we need is here.

~~Wendell Berry

We don't grow in straight lines. We grow in spirals. And seasons and cycles. In babies being born and grandmothers dying. In daffodils blooming and leaves falling. Lovers meeting and hearts breaking. Doors closing and gates opening. Knots tied always untying. Opening, circling, unfurling, becoming. Growing 'round and back 'round again. Not in straight lines.

~~McCall Erickson

Attachments

• photo beach love yourself.jpg
    photo beach love yourself.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,093
GENEROISTY

Written by: Christian Smith and Hilary Davidson

Generosity is paradoxical. Those who give, receive back in turn. By spending ourselves for others’ well-being, we enhance our own. In letting go of some of what we own, we better secure our own lives. By giving ourselves away, we ourselves move toward greater flourishing. This is not only a philosophical or religious teaching, it is a sociological fact.
The generosity paradox can also be stated in the negative. By grasping onto what we currently have, we lose out on better goods that we might have gained. In keeping to ourselves what we possess, we diminish its long-term value to us. By always protecting ourselves against future uncertainties and misfortunes, we are formed in ways that make us more anxious about uncertainties and vulnerable to future misfortunes. In short, by failing to care for others, we do not properly take care of ourselves. It is no coincidence that the word “miser” is etymologically related to the word “miserable.”
This paradox of generosity should not be surprising. Many wise observers of human life have taught different versions of the generosity paradox. An ancient Hebrew proverb reads “One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but ends up impoverished.” The Buddha taught that “Giving brings happiness at every stage of its expression.” A Hindu proverb holds that “They who give have all things, they who withhold have nothing.” And Jesus of Nazareth said “Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.”
But many people today seem not much shaped by the sayings of wise teachers from thousands of years ago. So, if we want to understand the power of generosity in a way that might influence our lives today, it may help to add to this traditional wisdom some empirical findings from social-scientific research. For the last three years we have been leading a study called the Science of Generosity Initiative at the University of Notre Dame. In that study, we have conducted a nationally representative survey of Americans’ practices and beliefs about generosity, hundreds of interviews with Americans around the country on generosity, and participant-observation studies of local religious congregations..
What we learn is the following. First, the more generous Americans are, the more happiness, health, and purpose in life they enjoy. This association between generous practices and personal well-being is strong and highly consistent across a variety of kinds of generous practice and measures of well-being. Second, we have excellent reason to believe that generous practices actually cause enhanced personal well-being. The association between generosity and well-being is not accidental, spurious, or simply an artifact of reverse causal influence. Certain well-known, explicable causal mechanisms explain for us the specific ways that generous practices shape positive outcomes. Third, the way Americans talk about generosity confirms and illustrates the first two points.
The paradox of generosity is evident in the lives of Americans. Despite all of this, it turns out that many Americans fail to live generous lives. A lot of Americans are indeed very generous. But even more are not. And so the latter are deprived, by their lack of generosity, of the greater well-being that greater generosity would likely afford them. This is the second paradox of generosity. Finally, as we mentioned above, many wise writers, philosophers, religious teachers, sages, and mystics have been teaching us about the paradox of generosity for thousands of years. What today’s empirical social-science research tells us only confirms what we might have known all along, had we trusted traditional teachers.

The paradox of generosity also seems to entail this relevant truth: Generosity cannot be faked in order to achieve some other more valued self-serving end. Generosity itself needs to be desired. The good of other people must be what we want. Generosity cannot be counterfeited. And fake generosity does not make us happier, healthier, and more purposeful in life. To live generously, one must in due time really become a generous person. Generosity must be authentic. It must actually be believed and practiced as a real part of one’s life.

Generosity is like love in this way. People often say that we increase the love we have by giving it away. When we love other people more, we often then find that the love we feel only grows more. But that dynamic requires really loving the others, really giving them our love. Love must be genuine, and then when it is, the normal, bigger consequences of loving tend to follow. It is the same with generosity. For generosity to enhance well-being, it must be the generosity, not the well-being, that we are after. The enhanced well-being then comes indirectly and secondarily.
However, that fact does not mean that people must first somehow fully internalize and authentically personalize generosity before they can practice being generous at all. One of the best ways to become a truly generous person is simply to start behaving like one. Right attitudes often do follow right actions. New beliefs and insights are frequently provoked by new behaviors and instigation of habits. Like many things in life, we usually learn by doing, we perfect activities and attitudes by practicing them. So, while generosity cannot ultimately be faked, people certainly can learn generosity, can come to personally believe in, and practice real generosity, by first simply setting into motion new behaviors that are generous and then reflecting upon and soaking in their meaning and consequences.

I love these words Sharon, the "We are all spirits of Eternal Life" is so beautiful, like
looking at the night sky and getting a glimmer of how vast thing are. And the words
about love inspiring miracles...reading that feels so expansive.

I love the article on generosity and agree that it just feels good when it is genuine. It
flows. You have such a generous heart Sharon, always offering inspiration and uplifting
others!

I also like the thought that growth comes in spirals and I have certainly seen that. It is
such a good reminder to stay focused on God and guidance and not what seems to be
the set-back. I am ever reminded when I come here, to set my vision higher.

Thank you for your guidance and your commitment to love and generosity! I say this
so much, but it is so true, I am so grateful to know you Sharon! I will check in later
today to see how you are and I am sending my love and deep gratitude!

Much love, Jayne

Dearest Sharon, I miss you and I love you. I am so blessed to know you. I hope you are in God's
arms and I hope you feel all of the LOVE that you inspired in others. You lit my path brilliantly and
I will always be grateful for you!

Much much LOVE my dear soul~friend!

Love, Jayne

Last edited:
I love you Sharon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back