Status
Not open for further replies.
YES, I TOO AM GRATEFUL FOR SIGHT AND HEARING, BECKY~ DIANE I LOVE THAT VIDEO ...IT MADE ME SMILE FROM EAR TO EAR :)....CARO SO GLAD YOU HAD A SPIRITUAL MOMENT THAT MADE YOU HAPPY!

“It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.” - Wendell Berry
I often read posts that cry out in frustration – the pain that comes from deep inside when we cannot figure out why something is not working or cannot hear what that next step should be. Don’t be worried or upset for it is in these moments that the seeds of something wonderful are just about to burst forth and blossom into beauty. We have all been there and will be there again for growing is something which takes time and God never delivers anything to us that we are unable to handle – in those down moments He is waiting for us to be ready! Hang in there because it is YOUR positive affirmations even when deep down you feel distressed that make the roses bloom even in the darkest night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning all! Bright sunny day in which you can see all the mountains circling Seattle...very beautiful! It makes me happy to see Mt Rainier,Mt Baker, and the Cascades, and the Olympic range!

Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful. -- Thich Nhat Hanh

“True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment.” ~William Penn
There is such perfect joy and peace in the moments we spend in quiet solitude. To stop listening to the noise of the world around us and focus on the things within. Everything good comes from within us, when we just take a minute to listen.

Drop a pebble in the water: just a splash, and it is gone;
But there’s half-a-hundred ripples circling on and on and on,
Spreading, spreading from the center, flowing on out to the sea.
And there is no way of telling where the end is going to be.

Drop a pebble in the water: in a minute you forget,
But there’s little waves a-flowing, and there’s ripples circling yet,
And those little waves a-flowing to a great big wave have grown;
You’ve disturbed a mighty river just by dropping in a stone.

Drop an unkind word, or careless: in a minute it is gone;
But there’s half-a-hundred ripples circling on and on and on.
They keep spreading, spreading, spreading from the center as they go,
And there is no way to stop them, once you’ve started them to flow.

Drop an unkind word, or careless: in a minute you forget;
But there’s little waves a-flowing, and there’s ripples circling yet,
And perhaps in some sad heart a mighty wave of tears you’ve stirred,
And disturbed a life was happy ere you dropped that unkind word.

Drop a word of cheer and kindness: just a flash and it is gone;
But there’s half-a-hundred ripples circling on and on and on,
Bearing hope and joy and comfort on each splashing, dashing wave
Till you wouldn’t believe the volume of the one kind word you gave.

Drop a word of cheer and kindness: in a minute you forget;
But there’s gladness still a-swelling, and there’s joy circling yet,
And you’ve rolled a wave of comfort whose sweet music can be heard,
Over miles and miles of water just by dropping one kind word.

… anonymous

Loved the "ripple effect" ! Thanks, Sharon!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........so nice, so true, so real!....Thanks for sharing.....{{HUGS}}

The ripple effect is my inspiration for the day! I live near a lake and when the light shines just right it looks like brilliant diamonds sparkling...I love that! It reminds me too of "The Hidden Messages in Water" a brilliant experiment done by Masaru Emoto who froze water crystals just as very loving (or negative) words were being said to the water and the crystal formations were amazingly telling! If we are mostly water, how we talk to ourselves and others truly creates ripples! Thank you for my daily inspiration Sequoia!

I love that poem too, in fact I have made copies and am giving them to my friends!

Words to Live By
It’s not how much you accomplish in life that really counts,
but how much you give to others.
It’s not how high you build your dreams that makes a difference,
but how high your faith can climb.
It’s not how many goals you reach,
but how many lives you touch.
It’s not who you know that matters,
but who you are inside.
Believe in the impossible,
hold tight to the incredible,
and live each day to its fullest potential.
You can make a difference in your world.
-Rebecca Barlow Jordan

If you are grateful for the air you breathe and the heart that beats within you – you are halfway there. If you KNOW that you are an eternal spirit – a force so perfect in all ways that YOUR light can never be extinguished – YOU are there. You have shed the two fears that hinder us most: death and self-doubt. With that, you are able to love all that exists with a freedom and a passion that is perfect in the eyes of God and His wonderful universe. I wish your cup be full and your path be fearless!

Di tnx 4 sharing, so beautiful emotional, thank you!

Sequoia you are an Angel! I love you 4 what you post God bless you!

THANKS ANJA! COME HERE TO POST WHAT IS HAPPY IN YOUR LIFE...WHAT MAKES YOU GRATEFUL!

Never forget that joy comes in ordinary moments.....

Twinkle lights are the perfect metaphor for joy. Joy is not a constant. It come to us in moments — often ordinary moments. Sometimes we miss out on the bursts of joy because we’re too busy chasing down extraordinary moments. Other times we’re so afraid of the dark that we don’t dare let ourselves enjoy the light.

A joyful life is not a floodlight of joy. That would eventually become unbearable.

I believe a joyful life is made up of joyful moments gracefully strung together by trust, gratitude, inspiration and faith.

~~ Brené Brown

Look lovingly at the present,
for it holds the only things
that are forever true.

The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those, who cannot fly.
~~ ♥ Friedrich Nietzsche

FOR ALL THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR OUR FREEDOM, ESPECIALLY THOSE SUFFERING FROM ALS!

Memorial Day is a time for us Americans to take a moment and reflect on the sacrifice and honor shown by our men and women in military uniform ~ this day is for ALL who served this great country.

Memorial Day strives to stir the patriotic sentiments of every American citizen and remind us that we owe our freedom and liberty to the finest of young men and women who laid down their lives for us ~ they paid the extreme price for the freedom we enjoy today.

I too find that joy comes in ordinary moments and it sparkles them with such a grace! We watched a very funny movie
last night and it felt so good to laugh! I love how movies can be so renewing. Thank you for the wonderful inspirations,
I look forward to them everyday and feel uplifted!

For all the fallen and all the disabled –
It matters not which country you fought for,
Because you fought with the conviction of your heart.
May there one day be a peace in which we all think the same,
In which we all have one conviction – that of loving each other.
May the light of the Creator shine in its fullness on all of us,
And may we remember that whether or not we agree with another’s heart –
A life is beyond earthly treasure and should be honored as such.
May the peace and love of God the eternal Father of us all bless us and keep us all safe from harm,
May it bring us one day to the unity we were always meant to have,
And may love be your guide no matter who you are or where you now live.

The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still small voice within.
~Gandhi

Live with Intention

Walk to the edge.
Listen hard. Laugh. Play with abandon.
Practice wellness.
Continue to learn.
Choose with no regret.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is.
But love for eternity….