Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
IN
City
Argos
My sister needs a vehicle with a high head clearance. She purchased a used handicapped van that worked fine when my brother-in-law was using a push wheelchair, but now that he is using a motorized chair, he can no longer sit straight up in his chair. He is very tall (6'7"). She really cannot afford to buy another vehicle. Is there any place where she could lease one for a short period of time (1 year or so) that would be affordable?

Why would you want a handicapped vehicle? Wouldn't you rather have one that works? I am just full of it today (ha ha)

While we drive we often see a sign that says, "Slow children at play." I said to my husband, "If I had mentally handicapped children, I wouldn't put a sign out saying so."........... Okay, I'm a nut!

Has you SIL considered renting a van for when she needs it?

Don't know if that would be feasible for her situation.

I don't know anything about this company but she may want to look into:

Wheelchair Getaways

I have a 1999 dodge caravan for sale. it has 69,000 miles on it and I am asking $16,000. It is in GREAT shape. both seats come out so driver or passenger could be in wheelchair, ramp is power as well as door, it has a lowered floor for head height, and remote start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back