00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
Dallas
Hi all,

I appreciate any feedback from you all. Kind of lost at this point. My name is Danny, 35 yrs old.

My symptoms began about 2 weeks ago. Woke up one morning with tingling in the fingers of both hands and toes, this persisted for about a week then disappeared. Could be coincidental, but thought worth mentioning.

Right after that, I woke up one morning and noticed the thumb, index finger and middle finger seemed harder to open on my dominant (right) hand - and would tremble. This gave way to a feeling of weakness in my right hand, which feels like it has progressed quickly to my entire arm over the past few days. It just feels off. Hard to explain. My arm trembles slightly when I make a fist or open my hand.

The weakness feels like it comes in waves through the day. Sometimes I can write normally with my pen, use my mouse etc, sometimes it feels awkward?. Whats weird though is I can still do pullups without my grip failing. No obvious muscle atrophy in my arm, but its only been feeling this way for a week or so, so I'm sure it would take longer for muscle size to diminish?

I also have intermittent twitching all over my body on and off. The muscle will twitch just once in an arm, calf, forearm etc, then somewhere else, then not at all. Figure that could be any number of reasons though. Again thought worth mentioning.

Dr wanted me to get checked out quickly. Had an MRI done - came back clear to rule out MS or stroke etc (his primary concern and blood work all normal).

Got a follow up with the Neuro next month for a nerve test. No idea what's going on, the info on ALS can be conflicting, but feels like a real possibility.

Thanks everyone!

ALS does not typically progress so quickly from a hand to the arm as you describe, nor with more generalized tingling. A virus or hand injury, just to mention two, are far more likely.

Stop back when you see the neuro and have test results, but I would not worry about ALS meanwhile.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks so much for your response Laurie, really appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back