Diagnosis
04/2018
Country
US
State
MN
City
Minneapolis
What are others doing? I can’t get myself to a sink anymore and don’t have someone sitting around waiting to help me get there either.

My solution has been using hand sanitizer regularly which I keep nearby at all times. Also, for “real” hand washing I use flushable wipes.

and other ideas out there??

I don't worry about my hands because I don't touch anything and I can't touch my face. I am more worried about caregivers, since they touch the outside world and then come in and touch me and my food. So if you're staying in and the people who interact with you wash their hands and keep your surfaces clean, then I think it's ok.

Last edited:
that is all I do, have people wash their hands . I have a reminder sign on my front door to wash your hands as soon as you come in. I also have my caregivers wipe down my equipment daily, where they touch stuff regularly.

As long as you sanitise your hands well after you have been using them, I think it is more important that anyone doing anything for you washes their hands (or sanitises properly) before touching you, equipment or preparing food for you.

That is proving to be the most important key in flattening the curve.

Thank you, all. It’s reassuring to read your comments. I’m just recently experiencing the failure of my right hand to operate, weakness in my left and shoulder weakness in both arms So I do still do quite a bit with my hands even though washing them is extremely difficult and exhausting. I’ll be sure to see that my caregivers are washing theirs. So far I feel they are vey conscientious. Thank you and take care. Mary

Hi all, Iam unable to wash my hands so I don't. There is only my wife and I in the house and we both stay inside and have no contact with the real world so I see no problem.
Al

I've always been a compulsive hand washer. I've also always kept hand sanitizer in my car and in each room. I have spray bottles of alcohol and H2O2 anywhere there is a toothbrush or sink.

The one thing I enforce is anyone coming into my condo must wear a mask and must wash his or her hands immediately. As soon as they leave, I use lysol wipes and wipe down everything they touched. If they touched me, as in a blood draw, I wash my whole arm.

If I couldn't do it myself, I would ask Fred to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back