Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad

Shell,

Be sure to talk with your dad's doctor about depression with this disease. Give him a hug from me and let him know I am cheering him on behind the scenes. He still has so much to offer his family. If he still has his voice, maybe have questions that you can ask him and he can record stories of when you were growing up and what life was like before the disease. Ask him to share stories of his life. Leaving the legacy for those who come after him.

Gotta run...well you know what I mean.

Frizzel

What a great idea, Frizzel! I used to spend lots of time with my granddad after grandma died. He was alone and isolated way out in the country, so I'd go for long weekends and such. I found he loved to talk about his past, and being a history buff I liked to listen. I was too young to understand the benefits of these long talks, but they also had a hidden benefit: I tell these stories of my Grandpa to his daughter, my Mom. It settles her down when she's agitated and reminds her of her childhood, which of course I'd never have known if I didn't ask! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back