00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
London
Hi,

I was wondering what you guys think as to this dent I have in my muscle on my right hand. My thumbs have been really tight and I can see this ridge on my right hand. Is this atrophy?

my right hand is the 1st photo

16EEA757-375E-4F04-BCEC-92562C303639.jpeg
DDFD87D5-371A-4CA9-812E-5E0790A3DAAF.jpeg

Thanks for your help,

Probably a better photo of my right hand

8198BB76-3907-449A-B747-308A92AF81ED.jpeg

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

Had no testing done and have not seen a doctor as of yet.

Just was wondering if this looked like atrophy to you guys and should take it further?

I have been feeling mild cramping pain in my hands and felt the muscle being quite tight

As Fiona says pictures are hard to evaluate. However 1 dents are not atrophy 2 fwiw I see no atrophy and 3 atrophy in ALS generally follows significant loss of function.

if you are worried see a doctor who can actually examine you

As Fiona says pictures are hard to evaluate. However 1 dents are not atrophy 2 fwiw I see no atrophy and 3 atrophy in ALS generally follows significant loss of function.

if you are worried see a doctor who can actually examine you

Thank you for taking the time to look and give your opinion, its so hard to get an accurate picture of what is normal and what is abnormal and you guys do a great job in giving people correct information.

Dear Reddish,
Be glad you have a thenar muscle. Thanks to ALS, mine is completely flat and I cannot oppose my thumb or stick it out as you are doing. I’ll redirect you to Nikki’s response.

Please go to a doctor, that's how you tell what is normal. That's certainly not ALS so I wish you all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back