Hand Atrophy Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
finger/hand/wrist changes

I am a confused navigator through these threads but was so glad to stumble into this nearly year old posting. Al, you give so much more info than my neurologist or his staff.
The pics & following posts were very helpful. I wondered what to do about the fingernails biting into my palms.

The post about wrists curling took me back to 1985 when in the first months of undiagnoised Lyme disease. Every morning I awoke in pain from the tight curl of the wrists upward & feet pointed hard down. The tick bite was on my head & there were a lot of neurological symptons with the physical ones. It only took nearly 8 years to have a dr. test for lyme.

Kath
Lexington, Ky.

I thi nk i have to have 50 post to see the photos. I'll keep trying. Sorry so much. Please, delete those post, and again, sorry.

I wasn't grossed out - in fact, my thoughts were "what precious & sweet hands". My husband's hands looked exactly the same and I just want to hold his hands all the time and massage them for him because I love him that much and care for him that much. I don't ever, ever want him to think he's a burden to his family - physically, emotionally or financially.
Thanks for sharing - especially for those who didn't know what atrophy looked liked.
My question - will feet do the same and look the same. i.e. will toes curl under?

My toes have turned to sponge. LOL-I can bend them UP - towards my face, as if they are made of rubber. The bottoms are wrinkled like prunes, and I see places where small muscles used to be. But htis could also be due to old age...:-D Cindy

Last edited:
If they're like mine the atrophy won't show because of the swelling. I can move toes down a bit but not up. One of these days I'll take pictures of feet in morning and at night. Quite a difference ,and my hands and arms are a lot worse. Maybe time to update those pics too.
AL.

Good idea, Al. People find it very instructive. You are great to do this for us! Cindy

Hi Al, new here and am really trying to learn all I can about this disease. One of the things I would like to view are the hand atrophy pics you posted. However, when I click on them, it says that I am not allowed to view the pics. I have registered on the site, maybe you can send them to my e-mail? I'm at [email protected]. Thanks, I appreciate in advance as no matter how much searching I do on the web, I cannot obtain these pics and/or it keeps bringing me to your thread. Any help would be most appreicated.

Sorry for the inconvenience but you have to have been a member for a bit and posted more to get access to some features. I'll dig them up and email them.
AL

I am also not able to view your pictures

I do not have permission to view your pictures, My email address is " [email protected] " please send then to me if you can. Thank you, Sebastian

My AL, your description of your hands and feet sound so much like my DH Don's. The hands are thin and atrophied but the fingers very clawed. The feet are dropped but swollen. He hates the big ugly hand brace - hot and he can't do anything when he has them on. He never could get used to them at night although he took to the bi-pap very well. I try to get him to wear one brace for a while each day...alternating hands.

Al

Al, could you make this thread a "sticky" so it's not so hard to locate your hand atrophy photos? I think that would be very helpful. I'm posting this to bring it back to page 1, but ....

All you should have to do is click on the blue link in post # 40. It worked for me.

the pics on the hands

I wanted to see the pics on the hands its says im not aloud:confused: so did you loose motion of your hands first? my hubby started in this throat and jaw then moved into his right foot and leg,it seems to be moving so fast for him..

See the post above yours. Click on the blue link in post # 40.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back