Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Melbourne
Some of us will always remember Hal Finney, a brilliant software developer and all around neat guy who posted here as Halfin, along with his wife Fran.

I am not part of his family or even a family friend, but I remember him well.

This is a good article on his passing: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/17270b14-3429-11e4-b81c-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3D7bCx8pD

Here is a short article containing a podcast of an interview with him, done in April of this year: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/17270b14-3429-11e4-b81c-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3D7bCx8pD

Hal, I hope I get to hear from you again one day....

Peace

>Some of us will always remember Hal Finney, a brilliant software developer and all around neat guy who posted here as Halfin, along with his wife Fran.

thanks!

I remember Hal and his wife Fran very well. He was an athletic fellow who was devastated when diagnosed. I remember how thrilled he was when he was able to make one last skiing trip after diagnosis. His wife Fran is a physiotherapist who devoted her life to his care once he chose to go on a vent. Hal was similar to our former moderator Joel in that they both felt they should be able to live forever on a vent. From reading about Hal who was somewhat of a celebrity in the computer world, it seems he decided to disconnect from the vent when he became locked in. Interesting articles on our Hal out there on the internet. He was quite the guy. Prayers being said for Hal and Fran and the family. Rest in peace Hal.

Last edited:
RIP Hal, and my thoughts to Fran dealing with the 'other side' of the monster now.

Laurel thank you for letting us know and sharing this.

Oh this breaks my heart. Hal always had a great sense of humor and good information. I have been wondering about him lately. I think some of the guys who have been diagnosed more recently would have had a lot in common with Hal. He was a great man and will be missed.

Hal and Fran, peace to you both. a wonderful man and a wonderful wife.

RIP Hal

You will be missed

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back