Distinguished member
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Northern
Hello good people!

Just a quick question, for all of you that have muscle atrophy/denervation. Have you noticed in these areas a complete loss of hair growth?

My legs have lost their hair, where their is atrophy. I hardly need to shave them....not that that's a bad thing, for a woman, but strange. :?

I haven't asked my neuro, yet. Sometimes he gives round about answers.

Thanks for taking the time.

That's interesting! I have never heard of this but would welcome it. LOL I have experienced the opposite and also quick nail growth as well.

Hi Joel...God bless you, as well! Thanks for the quick reply. As you know I have no diagnoses, for this disease.

Are you on any medications for 'ALS'....that may help with the hair growth of these areas? A shot in the dark. Or perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree.

Have a good evening.

I don't know of any treatment or medication that will help with that or anything to do with ALS.
I have put my life in God's hands many years ago and don't worry about this or what the future might hold!
I have total peace with it.

I sincerely hope you don't have ALS and will soon find a treatment.

Hi Joel...sorry, I totally miss-phrased my question. I was thinking perhaps 'your' medications, may be helping some how. That maybe you had hair loss before, and it came back.

Maybe a good nights rest will help me re think how I need to say it. Sleep well!

I don't take any medications at all, except for the occasional Ibuprofen or Tylenol. Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back