Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Il
City
Chicago
This occurred while sitting. Could even see my pant leg moving.
Now it feels less responsive and a bit more flabby when walking....is it weakened?

Had fasiculations in right leg overnight while on Lyrica. My left leg is usually the problem child.

Did you forget that your neuro told you not to use the word "fasiculations"?

That in itself sounds like ALS.

Better get another EMG!

A flabby feeling leg? Welcome to my world - and I have the thighs to match. Don't get me started on my butt - when that thing twitches, I could land me a guest spot on David Letterman!

Don't you have a job or something? A hobby? Or is starting new threads every ten minutes your hobby?

I'm still grouchy! Just had guests for lunch and spilt wine all over them. In my haste for paper towels, I knocked over another glass. So, it's not the ALS I'm whining about, it's the loss of the wine. ( and yes, the use of my hands).

Cheers!

:(

Sorry. I'm anxious, and I'm trying to learn more. I know anxiety does nothing (except keep me awake in the day, and awake at night, too).
And, I like using big words such as "fasiculations" or "undulations." It's better than "The inside f my leg went up and down!"

are you sure that was "fasiculations"

How about Disambiguation? A big long word for twitch. Big words don't mean you know more than anyone else. I find it annoying. I like the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid). Plain talk for plain folk, that's me. :smile:

:(

Sorry. I'm anxious, and I'm trying to learn more. I know anxiety does nothing (except keep me awake in the day, and awake at night, too).
And, I like using big words such as "fasiculations" or "undulations." It's better than "The inside f my leg went up and down!"

FYI

You can use the big words, but you ought to know how to spell them.

" Fasciculations" is the correct spelling ( I suspect Pearshoot was discreetely telling you this in his post)

" undulations" is not always the correct description of twitches. Undulating implies regular wavelike rising and falling. ALS twitches are nothing like that (in my world). They are uneven, fast, slow, shallow, deep etc.

I like Vicki's approach. She can tell me to KISS off, and I would not be offended!

FYI

You can use the big words, but you ought to know how to spell them.

" Fasciculations" is the correct spelling ( I suspect Pearshoot was discreetely telling you this in his post)

" undulations" is not always the correct description of twitches. Undulating implies regular wavelike rising and falling. ALS twitches are nothing like that (in my world). They are uneven, fast, slow, shallow, deep etc.

I like Vicki's approach. She can tell me to KISS off, and I would not be offended!

Ooops......yes, see, I get "undulations" that are like waves in a bathtub on the inside of my left thigh, going up and down, stating at the knee.

I can understand the need to stay away from big words, when medical terminology is cluttered with them. I just enjoy words - I was constantly picked on in grammar school for using big words in reports. I'd pick up and open a thesaurus. Remember those?

I also get section on my calves that can feel like I'm vibrating; that doesn't happen as much as it used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back