Reason
Other
Country
US
State
TN
City
Knoxville
Doctor said it was normal. I thought this would cheer me up, until I realized that other people have gotten clean EMG's and later been diagnosed with ALS.

I am concentrating on every little fasic that fires off around my body. I'm imagining that I have weakness in my left side. I am totally miserable. I'm convinced the doctor missed the signs or just didn't want to tell me. I can do little but think about this disease.

As of today, I am signing off all ALS sites. If I have the disease, I have it. If I don't have it (and even if I do), the constant research and consideration of symptoms is absolute torture.

As of now, I refuse to live my life as though I have ALS. There will be time later for depression and anxiety if my doctors change their minds. Any time thoughts of this disease pop into my head, I am going to think, "I am clean. I am healthy. I am calm." I suspect I'll be thinking those thoughts a lot over the next few days, but I refuse, REFUSE, to live with a disease I don't have.

Good luck to all and may we find a cure soon.

A clean emg is a good sign. Also, since you don't have measured weakness, that is also a good sign. I'm sure you will be fine. Take care.

Jeliota,

Good luck, don't know if you will look here again. We're if you need us.

Smart move, Jeliota. I'm glad I didn't spend the two years it took from the onset of symptoms to my diagnosis worrying about ALS, only the last few weeks once the problem was undeniable. That was more than enough misery for me.

Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back