Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
Hi all.. my numbness and pain was always figured to be associated with my known mild spine issues but emg shows widespread axonal motor neuropathy. Final diagnosis of what is causing this is unknown. I will see neuromuscular in Feb and am in the process of ruling out genetic causes. Curious what others may make of my emg/ncs reports. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20211223_123348.jpg
    20211223_123348.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 230
  • 20211223_123104.jpg
    20211223_123104.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 229
Hard to comment as regards ALS if there is no clinical weakness, which you don't mention, and we can't correlate your symptoms at the nerve root level, obviously. The lack of diffuse denervation and polyphasic potentials certainly point away from ALS. Are you being seen at UW?

Best,
Laurie

Hopefully this is quite treatable such as GBS, but it wouldn't indicate ALS.
Your best option is always to discuss with your doctors who can examine you and talk in the context of what is happening with you specifically.

Hi all! I'm sorry I didn't go into as much detail last night. I am having muscle weakness and full body twitching and spasms. My low back MRI also shows muscle atrophy in all my lumbar muscles. And yes I will be going to UW and Michael Weiss is taking on my case.

We see Dr Weiss and he is excellent. I don't know anything about interpreting your test results but I'm sure Dr Weiss will be able to figure out what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back