Guess who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike and Lenore just left, and Kim has a couple more days. it's been wonderful!

I met Mike also but I recognized Lenore right away. What a wonderful gathering.

I’m hanging out at the airport waiting for my flight. I’m here early because Mike’s flight was first. It was just a wonderful weekend boating, eating, and just talking and being together. Becky is an extraordinary host. Being in their home, I felt like we got to meet a little of her Matt as well. Thank you all ❤️

What wonderful picture. I’m so glad you all had a great time.

TSA did absolutely everything they could, except a strip search, trying to make me miss my flight. All good.

Not sure how I copied that. It’s wonderful that you were able to get together & the picture is great.

Joan

Warmed my heart seeing you all together, how wonderful. Regret not responding to your invite/interest post Sooner.

I think the best part was that while we all shared some parts of our CALS experiences, the weekend was not “about” those loses, it was being in the present and just enjoying. I think if I am in this world in fifteen years, I’ll still feel that commonality with a CALS past or present, but it does not have to be morbid or all about looking back.

Count me in if/when there's another one!

Definitely Lenore. I have lunch with 2 past CALS here 4 - 5 times a year. In fact we are doing a sleepover soon as one has just bought a house!
The tone of our get togethers has changed over the years. We knew each other as CALS, and we all lost our husbands within about 12 months.
While it can be hard to get a date and get ourselves to a middle ground spot to meet, the connection is so awesome.
So seeing that photo really made me smile so much because I know how fantastic it is - there is something so relaxing about not having to explain anything to the people you are with...

Not sure how I copied that. It’s wonderful that you were able to get together & the picture is great.

Joan
Lenore, definitely showing my age lol

I remember that we talked about SO MANY THINGS. For a guy like me, who doesn't have anyone to talk to, it was a life-line! I especially liked the dinners and wine tasting trip and the boats and meeting the German lady from Berlin and helping that guy's dad connect with a VSO for the VA.

I ate key lime pie and then Alaskan crab--the biggest I've ever seen. The other dinner was very moist filet mignon, I think.

The box of wine I ordered arrived by UPS today.

The vineyard and the restaurants AND the conversations were awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back